News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Artwork competition 2013 (Custom Watchmen kendama)

Started by BKA, 27 June, 2013, 13:40:40

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

We present an artwork competition for the summer.

All you have to do is submit a piece of kendama-themed artwork. There is no restriction on the type of artwork, except that it has to be represented by a single picture that can be displayed online. (So, no movies, audio, or animations).

Photos, collages, murals, painted kendama, .... it's up to you! How you create your artwork is up to you. An entry could be a picture of a piece of artwork, or the picture itself could be the artwork.

1st prize: Custom Watchmen Sunrise kendama by Donald Grant. *
2nd prize: A piece of original kendama artwork by Donald Grant, as published in either "Spike!" or "Knees!".**
3rd prize: Some stickers.***

Everyone is welcome to enter - worldwide!

* Will only be awarded if a minimum of 8 different people enter the competition.
** Will only be awarded if a minimum of 10 people enter the competition.
*** Will only be awarded if a minimum of 12 people enter the competition.

The competition will be judged by Donald Grant and The Void, based on a criterion of artistic merit.

Rules:
1) The picture/artwork must be your own, and not used as an entry to any previous competition.
2) You may enter as many times as you like, but only send one picture per entry.
3) Post your entry as a picture (or link to a picture) in reply to this thread.
4) Please give your artwork a title.
5) All submissions must be from forum members. (But everyone is very welcome to join the forum!)

Entries must be submitted by August 9th 2013, at 16:00 BST.
Results will be announced on August 12th 2013.

RobinSKT

Kendama looks awesome, well done Donald! When I seen that it was a watchmen Kendama I was hoping that it would be the Comedians bloody badge :P Looks like I better get drawing!

Misterwhang

Man that kendama looks way too awesome! Too bad I have no art skills whatsoever  :'(

BKA

Misterwhang

KrisWhyte

Just remembered i drew this at the skatepark a couple of days ago, then i remembered about this comp! Here's my entry: http://gyazo.com/b38085af679cfea3023cba8611be6f9a (i dont know how to attach files on this so here's and image link.
- SKO 2013 Int. 1st, SKO 2013 Best Trick
-BKO 2014 Adv. 3rd, BKO 2014 2nd Best Trick

BKA

Thanks for being the first entry!

(When you click "reply", you should see "+ additional options" underneath the input box. That's where you add attachments. But the link you gave is fine.)

RobinSKT

Wooo! I have a silly wee picture I drew but I wasn't sure how I could scan it to post it here but I got the tapatalk app and I can just upload straight from my phone! I'll get that done tonight then :)

BKA

We look forward to seeing it. (Did someone drink a couple of glasses of forgetting juice last night? ;) )

Dimensions

I'm working on mine - but I'm only going to have my lunch time to work on it so I don't know how long it will take, I can't do it at home as I don't have the right equipment
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

RobinSKT

I had a whole pint of forgetting juice, haha! I'll set reminder on my phone and get it posted when I get in from work. Pinky promise!

RobinSKT

BKA

BKA

Oooh! This...
Quote from: RobinSKT on 04 July, 2013, 00:08:43Never break a pinky promise!
...was the 9000th post on the forum! Robin, PM us your postal address for a mini prize!