News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Tutorial Suggestions?

Started by br4d24, 24 May, 2013, 03:57:32

Previous topic - Next topic

br4d24

Hey guys, i want to help out dama players get to the level I have progressed to; through some tutorials. I figure its time to give back to the community how i can.

I feel like my skill level is strongly pre dan, possibly 1st dan so if there are any tricks you guys would like me to do a tutorial for let me know!

Im thinking of doing an aeroplane summersault lunar tutorial, unless someone has a different idea! IF there is some nagging trick you want a fresh take on here is your chance!

PS these tuts will be videos of course

Dimensions

Bird over the valley would be good

I just got a bird the other day (1 in 20 ) but it i still a bird
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

br4d24

haha had to pick a trick im kinda rusty at eh :P

Thats okay I can work on that tutorial today possibly! we will see!

PikWik

how about 1 turn lighthouses  :-[

br4d24

Hey guys sorry i took so long to get back to yah. I am uploading the over the valley tutorial right now - kind of a hard one to explain but hopefully the slo mo close ups will help :)

Here is a one turn lighthouse tutorial I made:

br4d24

BrandonYoder

i'd like to see that "aeroplane summersault lunar tutorial"
i never really did much with lunars till recently

br4d24

Gah that one is alittle out of my league as of now. im still getting the hang of lunars so i am in no place to make tutus on it :P

BrandonYoder

oh, my bad. haha.
your first post said you were thinking about making a tutorial for that, unless i read that wrong.

PikWik

@br4d24 -

thanks for the 1 turn lighthouse tutorial! for those, i still have to load the dama by holding the ken and i was wondering if you were supposed to load the ken or just let it hang. you got that 'real' one turn lighthouse as i was imagining it :)

also, for that 1T LH, ive noticed theres a point that requires a pull towards you right when the ken is about to go parallel with the ground. if i pull right before it gets to be parallel that gives it that gradual 1 turn that lets it land controlled enough to catch it. still, ive only gotten it once and never again :/

much appreciated though. looking forward to more videos!

br4d24

You got to find a way to pull up so it almost comes up vertically (and closer to you) rather than swinging out infront of you. Its the swing that makes it harder to catch imo.
Also try and keep it only as high as it needs to be - essentially just try and eliminate anything that will cause it to have extra force landing on the tama. Using lots of knees and cushioning with your arm a bit will help in the beginning too.

PikWik

thanks again man, finally starting to land these!

br4d24

I think im going to film a tutorial on whirlwind swing in next. Been getting that one for a long while now.