News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Reverse Gunslinger

Started by shalafi, 28 October, 2013, 12:18:15

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

[Mod Edit: Created a new thread for discussion of this trick. It was originally brought up in the KCC 9 thread, so have a read of that first.]

Quote from: shalafi on 28 October, 2013, 08:21:22Yesterday I learned reverse gunslinger. It was worth a few points during Spikedama 4 :)
Quote from: BKA on 28 October, 2013, 11:16:22
Well done shalafi - what was the "knack" to it for you?
It is a strange combination of pushing upwards before pushing forward... but you have to push all the way (even down)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Ooh, I got it! Thank you.
Well, I have to do it from under the near cup, not the far cup (which you would use for "normal" Gunslinger). Is that how people were doing it at Spikedama? I could do it using either forefinger or middle finger.
I think maybe I could do it now from the far cup, but it would be much more awkward.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

I missed it at Spikedama, but I used to do this trick around my thumb.
Should try that again..
Kendama Belgium!

shalafi

I do the normal gunslinger around my index finger and the reverse around the middle finger.

I use the same grip for both, which is with the palm of the hand facing to my body, the ken hold between the middle and index figers, string to the inside.

I'll see if I can post a photo of the grip later on today.

Edit: Re-checked the other thread. To me it does not look like the movement of the gunslinger backwards, it is quite different.

If you have ever done pen-spinning, it is like doing thumbaround and then learning reverse thumbaround. Looks like the trick is just reversed, but they are different tricks.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.