News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

How did you get into kendama

Started by axel.aas.12, 24 December, 2013, 16:57:45

Previous topic - Next topic

axel.aas.12

Hey Y'all

I was wondering about how many of you guys got started into kendama. Its lacking on the introduce yourself forum, so why not have a thread its own? Anyways, I'll start. My brothers went to Japan for an exchange student program. When they came back they brought me Japanese culture and gifts. When I opened up the kendama, I had no idea what it was. "is it some sort of hammer?" I said. "Its a toy" my brothers reply. I wasnt to serious about it but this summer I really started to get into it. (It was a red shin fuji, I still have it and it continues to play like a boss today)

So whats your story?
Working on lunar flips.

Wu Tang Forever!

Dimensions

I can tell you that I started off playing diabolo.
I used to play diabolo in my bedroom and apparently it made a loud noise when I dropped it - I was playing for a year.
I was on a scout camp in summer 2012, I had brought a diabolo with me. During my time, my parents were in Amsterdam. When I got home I was given a new toy to reduce the noise... A kendama!

It was a red sunrise!

Along with it was [user]The Void[/user]'s and [user]Donald Grant[/user]'s excellent DVD!
I couldn't stop playing for around two weeks straight

I am still hooked today, even more than the diabolo!
I now have:
A yellow Oozora
A blue play 2011
A Mugen Musou snow gold
2 pills
And a cup and ball

Along with my sunrise too

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

Well a lot of people have already included it in their Introduction thread, but, meh, sure, why not.