News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The Kenfession booth: "I still can't..."

Started by MisterJumpshoe, 16 February, 2014, 20:28:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Will T

I cant do: spike> inward whirlwind>spike  for my life!

Waylon

I kenfess this thread has me feeling better about my kendama play. Seems like some struggles are universal.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

axel.aas.12

I struggle with my lunar flips, I seem to get the right pop and spin but I cant seem to land it again.
Working on lunar flips.

Wu Tang Forever!

LarsVegas

I can't do Jumping Sticks consistently ... actually, I'm so far from being consistent. Which turns out to be a major disadvantage for Outlink #7
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

udgfxp

SamB

Inward lunar.. Every now and then I think - today's the day I will focus and figure it out! It can't be that much harder than a regular lunar. Then I try and my hands, eyes and brain get all confused and I get dizzy and start seeing stars and have to stop. Pirouettes are a similar experience.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

happygoat

I confess that I have a hard time doing lunar flips and lighthouse somersaults. I struggle with getting the rotation speed correct and of course timing the catch correctly! The weird thing is that I can do 1-turn lunars much easier!  ???

...and yes, I have read the posts about somersaults in the forum :-)

the milky oolong

This thread needs a BUMP:

I (still) can't crack out a proper Stabbing Heaven - have recently begun to string my kens the proper way for a lefty (previously just gotten on with the inconvenience); since then there's a list of 'I still can't...' tricks piling up nicely!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

MisterJumpshoe

YAY!  I finally landed the hanging pirouette!  Nobody was hurt!

On another note, I'd quite like to try for my second Dan at the BKO, but that means nailing 300 moshi kame left-handed.  It's the only trick I don't feel confident about.  Right-handed is out of the question; my arm is shot.  For anyone else practising for gradings, don't overdo it on the moshi kame.  You might want to restrict yourselves to ten minutes every two days.  I didn't  :(
Music Has the Right to Children

SC_Kendama

I have been playing for 1 year, I'm 13, and I STILL can't do Inward Lunar Flip, I need tips .-.

kendamatty

I have been playing kendama for 6 and a half years... and ANYTHING which involves my left hand still to this day baffles me.  I cannot even juggle three balls without a kendama, so the last outlink combo I was doomed from the start.  Still had great fun and learnt more than I thought I ever would with an extra ball!  But yes, still hopeless (despite numerous attempts to learn)

MisterJumpshoe

Well, this isn't so much a kenfession as a resolution.  Now I know what my injury is all about and why I can't moshi kame.

I have tendonitis.  :-\

I'm going to my first acupuncture session on Monday.   I hope I respond well to the treatment, so cross your kens for me, guys!  I've got my eyes on higher Dan levels!
Music Has the Right to Children

shalafi

Ah, too bad MrJupshoe. I did had tendonitis a lot of years ago, and I still have to be careful. It is a real pain.

Back then I had to stop doing capoeira and juggling clubs. Also I needed lighter diabolos and shorter practice sessions.

Hope you get better. I did had a treatment that made it a lot better, I'm afraid those things never heal completely (at least for me) but with a good treatment and being careful you should be ok.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Dadooh

I still can't juggle multiple times... That makes me crazy guys. Tips?

Kev

You can try practicing with a stringless kendama, then once you can do multiple juggles then work on getting them lower.