News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Biggest Kendama States?

Started by axel.aas.12, 02 March, 2014, 15:50:03

Previous topic - Next topic

axel.aas.12

What states do you think have the biggest kendama presence? I have noticed that Minnesota and Hawaii in particular have a lot of kendama influence. (Im lucky to live in Minnesota!) Are there any other States that have a lot because I really havnt noticed any.
Working on lunar flips.

Wu Tang Forever!

The Void

There are usually reasons behind localised booms: Sweets in your area. Georgia (Home of K-USA).
Bits of Washington (Wenatchee) and California (kengarden). I don't know why/how it went crazy in Hawaii recently...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Confound

I'm in ca near kengarden and you still have to know when and where people are getting together to play.

yolopedroyolo

I live in Utah and it hs started to get bigger and bigger with like 3 new companies starting up in the last 4 months

kdang

Kendama was popular on the island of Kauai first (Nui Wong's island), it later got all the way the the most populated island, Oahu. I don't know how it got popular but every kid has it here.

Jnom22

Its all about HAWAII!!! Everyone has a Kendama here, and there is an event almost every week.

M.Wang

Hawaii defiantly. I went on vacation not too long ago and they were selling them. At flea markets. So many kids at the villa had them. There was a store I went to that sold sweets and ken usa plus others I don't remember.
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

BensonChen

Here in Pittsburgh, PA, there used to be a big craze on dama.  That's cause of Zack Yourd and Colin Sander used to live here.

quadraptor

I had no idea Kendama USA was located in Georgia!  I'm currently living with my brother near Chattanooga, TN (but we live across the state line in Georgia).  Outside of the low-quality Toysmith ones I've found at Jo-Ann Fabrics, I haven't found anywhere that sells kendamas locally.

I definitely will get one when I visit Hawaii.  It's been a lifelong dream to even get to go there, so picking up one as a souvenir will be epic.  Meanwhile I'm just going to continue ordering them online and slowly building up a collection

DamaSlayer808

Ya, I live in Hawaii, and we're still crazy about it. I just ended a trip to New Mexico and they seem to know what's going on.

jsirois31

Michigan has been growing quickly the past year. There are no big companies here, but there is a local kendama retail store in the Detroit area that has started to produce their own brand. In my area, I'd say a 1/4 of kids 20 and under have them.
Perfect Practice make Perfect.

BKA

Wow, that's a lot of kendama youths!