News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendama Norway

People!!!

In case you didn't already know, we have started making our own kendamas!! It's such a dream come true for us!
Please check out our fresh new website https://www.kendamanorway.com and get your own!

Love from Norway

@kendamanorway
Elias Salbu and Kim Fredrik Moberg

Acmuirhead

Hi
I'm Alistair had a kendama for a few years but did not really bother with it. Till going to the British juggling conversation earlier on in the year and since seeing what can be done. I'm now playing most days. I go to the Glasgow juggling club we have a few people playing it

The Void

@Acmuirhead Hi Alistair, welcome to the forum! Good to have you here, and on the Map too. Nice little scene burgeoning in Glasgow. Keep up the good clicking!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Alex1991

hi, my name is Alex. I from Ukraine. I live in Kiev. 

BKA

rhys_goes_peace

Hello, I'm Rhys and I've been playing kendama for about a month.  :)
I'm a beginner, and the hardest trick that I can do semi-consistently is kenflip. I was inspired to do kendama by learn-kendama.com. And my favourite kendama is my red Royal kendama!  ;D
Check out my instagram: @rhysgoespeace

The Void

Hi Rhys,
Welcome to the forum, and to kendama. Glad you like your Royal! :) Where are you based?
Edit: Oops, I should have checked the Member Map first - I see you're in London. Well, maybe I'll see you at a UK event some time.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Owen

Yo guys, my name is Owen and I love kendama. I started playing dama about a year ago and i haven't put it down since .I am 17 and based in Northern Ireland. I don't know anyone who plays kendama and so I wanted to check out this forum and make some kendama mates.
Owen

The Void

Hi Owen,
Welcome to the forum. I think there are a few occassional clickers in Belfast, but not forum members, alas. There are a few Dublinners on here. The Irish Open was in Dublin in '15 & '16, maybe it will be again.
Make sure to add yourself to the Memebr Map, to help you find others, and to help others find you! http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=googlemap
Hope you enjoy it here. It's been a little quiet in the run-up to xmas, hopefully things will pick up once the sprouts have worn off, and everyone gets off the sofa.
Cheers!

Edit: Looks like you just joined the map while I typed that! :-)

Owen

Thanks man ,  yea i hope i can find some players near by, thanks for being so welcoming  :)
Owen

shalafi

Quote from: Owen on 26 December, 2016, 19:02:57
Thanks man ,  yea i hope i can find some players near by, thanks for being so welcoming  :)
Oh, and yes, the Irish Kendama open is very likely to repeat in 2016, I will start moving it on January.

Welcome to the forum!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

fuverdred

Hey all, I'm Fred. Found a kendama in my office a few months ago and haven't been able to put it down. Local to Bristol, which seems like a pretty good place for kendama in the UK. Been focusing on getting all the standard moves to a reasonable level, hopefully I will see some of you around and try and go a bit further.

Cheers!

The Void

Hi @fuverdred ,
Welcome to the forum. Another Bristol player? Always good. :-) Hey, we're having a Bristol meetup on Monday http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3003.0.html , in case you didn't know/fancy coming along. Beginners welcome! If not, hope to see you sometime soon. (BKO?)
Cheers,
Void

fuverdred

Sorry, already had plans on Monday, hope the weird weather didn't get in the way of you guys! I think I need a lot more practice before BKO, but I'll try and come along to the next Bristol meet up. Also, I'm keen to get my first grade (again, after more practise!).
Cheers
Fred

The Void

@fuverdred We managed to just about dodge the rain, cheers. :-) I'm usually at http://www.jugglingedge.com/club.php?ClubID=4 on a Monday evening. Actually, next week (8th), someone's coming along there to get graded, so pop along if you fancy getting graded alongside someone else.
(As a side note, people often say "I need to wait to practice more" before they do a grading. I'm understand that - wanting to do your best - but at the same time, if you don't take the chance to take a grading, you won't get a grading. You can always improve next time!)
Anyway, see you around sooner or later, cheers!