News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Around Tunbridge Wells

Started by Dave, 01 November, 2011, 21:52:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

[Mod Edit: Origin/explanation: http://www.twjc.co.uk/aroundtunbridgewells.html ]

So.................. the time has come:

57 moves clean run:

http://juggling.tv/6942 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
BALL AND CUP!

Looby

That'll do pig....that'll do.

Un bloody believable sir!

The Void

Oh my!

Well done mate, great job. That's a pretty fast pace you did it at too.
I note you have quite a high penguin... maybe that's where I was going wrong.

Right then, now do it without any of that moving-the-string-with-your-other-hand nonsense!  :P
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

GbH

Wow.  That was a cool surprise.  Well done, indeed.

I note, with some amusement, how the stress was starting to show towards the end!  Isn't it strange how such a simple toy can cause so much tension?

So, can you do it with your other hand, too?     8)

Adam K

Wow. I can't believe somebody's finally done it, a trick so hard that it was actually a joke. Well done.

Peter

Congratulation! Seriously, I amtrying this trick for three months now and thought that it would need a year to master. Now you have done it!

Very great!

Dave

Thanks for your comments guys.
@guy I think after the penguin section the stress level doubles after each move. So by the end of it my chest was heaving!!!

Mind you the good thing about doing it on film is that I never have to do it again!!!!!! ;)
BALL AND CUP!

orinoco

Thanks for the nice surprise in my inbox this evening. As mentioned on JTV I can confirm that no one else has even claimed to have completed the trick, let alone provided evidence.

Well done Dave, that is really amazing!

I completely agree about the stress increasing exponentially if you get passed the penguin section!

SamB

That's ridiculous Dave well done! Really unbelievable!
Surely this'll evolve into some nth dan trick at the JKA now we know it's possible[nb]Speed trick C???[/nb].

So who's next? What's next?!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Dave

I doubt it would be made part of a competition as its just too long. The indevidual sections yes but not the whole thing.

Thanks orin it's great to hear I'm the first to land it!!!!!

The thing with it is that each section is not hard on its own but strung together are REALLY challenging.

Good luck to anyone trying this an the key is to learn penguin spike properly.

Dave
BALL AND CUP!

shalafi

Amazing, this has been quite a surprise, I never thought someone will do it.

Congrats! Well done!

Now you have to create a even-more-crazy-around
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Mark

Good work! Now just dont move the string with your other hand!  :P  ;)
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06

John

Dave, I think this gives you exclusive rights to go crazy and come up with an at least 75-move "Around Devizes". :)

AlexSmith

Wow, bravo! I think you can officially claim to 'have the basic cup juggling' mastered now haha

SamB

I FINALLY did it!

Take THAT Tunbridge Wells!!!!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...