News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

KenSan

Cheers @The Void  @shalafi (Nice string flow by the way!)

Yes 30 mins flew by. It obviously is nowhere near long enough to get kids, ranging from 5 to 15 anywhere near proficient (or parents), even at just a big cup. But everyone had fun and there was talk of doing it again, perhaps even once a month but we'll see. Also I think seeing what other tricks are possible really helps peek peoples interest not just cups, spike and moshi kami.

And probably what interested most of the Japanese parents, was how comes I was so interested in and had got reasonably good at playing kendama in the first place!

If there is a next time i'll ask if we can get a couple of pictures for posterity.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

I forgot something from Monday: It was one of those moments where you're explaining to someone how ridiculously hard a trick is, and then land it while doing so. Another fluked 4-Turn Aeroplane in the bag for me - with witnesses!  :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

John

KenSan

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Today I got some samples in the post, but haven't had any time to play!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Cliffdama

Today is was going for some new ways to trapeze. So why not do them upside down.

Cliffdama

Did practice some sort of flow today. Took me 2 minutes!

Cliffdama

Those spinner toys are a thing and i don't have one so i decided to labd some spinning action on my kendama. Enjoy!

rhys_goes_peace

Yesterday I got kenflip (or is it whirlwind) juggle big cup. I'm surprised with how fast I got it!
Check out my instagram: @rhysgoespeace

The Void

Whirlwind Juggle To Big Cup>Turntable>In.
Nice one!

shalafi

Quote from: rhys_goes_peace on 28 May, 2017, 07:15:13
Yesterday I got kenflip (or is it whirlwind) juggle big cup. I'm surprised with how fast I got it!

Impressive progression! Well done.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Too much time on the computer: Just a brief Spikedama practice for me today.

John

Thought I'd actually spend a bit of time with something I'd been meaning to conquer for a while now, around the bird over the valley. Took a bit of work, but managed to land it 3 times in about 30 minutes - definitely looking forward to becoming more consistent with. :)

donald grant

Nicely done , John. 

Was having a bit of a "conquer" session myself the other day.  With a bit of grinding, I managed to land clifftop - earthturn to bat- fasthand one turn aeroplane,  and a bit later I got boarders - orbit one turn in.  Both of which, I'll freely admit, are a bit above my pay grade :)

The Void

Cripes! Neat.
Good Valleying, too, John.