News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Hmm, thinking about it, mine was a triangle placement, rather than an actual drop. Still, nice trick though.

Anyone up for a skype/facetime game of KEN? Offer open until 16:20GMT. Gone.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

Self certified to 1st Dan today. Pretty nerve racking! And I didn't cost me anything!! Hopefully I will replicate that if I ever get the chance to do grading.
Quick question as well regarding the around the tricks, earth turns, j-sticks etc. Can they  follow on continuously from each other or are they each from a hanging start?
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

BKA

They are each separate. Not connected.

Well done!

The Void

Today I... watched this a few times over the morning coffee.

Reasonably acceptable. #litotes
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Nice one, Rob!
Today I went a bit "tramline" out of curiosity, and hit double juggle to spike, and pull up slinger fast throw one turn lighthouse. Don't worry, will get back to doing weird stuff again tomorrow :) Happy Chinese new year, everyone!

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

The Void

Today I decided which tricks to film for E.K.O. :) (Not announced yet.)

the milky oolong

Hey, Rob, ballsy stuff indeed, my man!

Today I filmed a new line, 1-Turn Aeroplane > Fast Hand String Pinch Small Cup > Fast Hand 1,5 Aeroplane. At least I remember doing so, as I even watched the footage back to make sure it was all in frame. Got home and the file is gone, maybe fell out of my SD card on the ride home.  :-[
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

How annoying! It was probably the gravitational waves, milky. :(
I remembered to do an IKO run, and struggled with the last trick again. The rest were okay though.

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 12 February, 2016, 16:48:23
How annoying! It was probably the gravitational waves, milky. :(
I remembered to do an IKO run, and struggled with the last trick again. The rest were okay though.

Your practicing of the IKO list may pay off already for outlink #3 :)

Oh, yes, today I published outlink trick #3

mreasyguy

Today I finally got this damn trick that I have been trying on and off for two years haha!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBxXshYKeEr

The Void

@shalafi Yes it did.
@mreasyguy Blimey, that must have been a relief - I remember you almost getting that at our first Cardiff jam. Didn't you say you'd got it off-camera?

mreasyguy

@The Void I have got it a few times before an always missed the damn spike or just not been filming, just happy to put it to rest for now haha!

donald grant

Mr e, that was nicely done!

Yesterday I landed a 5 arm bounce to spike (no idea why)  and a few weird string things that would take too long to describe.... :)