News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Goodness @donald grant - that's some work indeed! (And off-topic - I was fully intending to come to the Ashbourne Festival purely to see your performance, as it's not massively far from where I live... and then realised it clashes with some family stuff going on that weekend. Gah! Have a good spin and I'll try a bit harder for the next one.) :)

Back on topic, I've been trying lunar flip to inward lunar (catching on the small cup) the past couple of days and it's been a real slog (which is a bit of a surprise, as I have no problem going inward lunar -> lunar). I've tried both directions and had little success with either. If I can't make any decent progress in a couple of days I might post a video and ask for some tips...

The Void

Practice between the showers, in the wind. Brrr.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Today, I matched my record of 19 Earth Turns in a row. Also got a Europe Valley Trip (inspired by John). Slogged through the Spikedama tricks again too.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

johndmc

Finally got the hang of lunars, so pleased
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

The Void

The Void

Managed to get 3 ken grip Base Cup Scooping Goldfish in a row tonight. The joys of a smooth floor and space at the juggling club.

The Void

johndmc

Yeah that's cool

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 14 June, 2017, 14:39:32
Gee whizz, @kendamatty !

Wow Matt is back into doing his thing, which is landing insane bangers :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Today I had a few Spikedama practice runs. My last one was really good. Peaking? :)

donald grant

Back home after performing at Ashbourne at the weekend (sorry I missed you @John )

Inspired by all the axe-based nonsense in the collaboration video, I was out in the sunshine today, axeing away.  Quite a few good ones including swing to reverse axe - lighthouse - falling down, one turn axe fasthand spike and even swing tornado to axe.  Cheers for the inspiration!

The Void

shalafi

Today I was practicing a few tricks I usually don't play around with. While trying to do an airplane tap cushion in, I got a cushion stilts instead O_O but not on camera.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

I love a good fluke, shalafi! :)

Today I oped my JKA 40th Red Haneda Ozora, and tried 6th Dan with it. I missed one JS too many, but two of my misses were string-jams, so... not too bad overall.

The Void

Failed on 3 tricks today. Bah, rubbish. Still, at least the weather's turned, and I did not melt.