News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

johndmc

Landed my first lunar flip today

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

The Void

Nice ones, @johndmc & @HansNickmans.
Today I've been trying LH>Axe>In in the van passenger seat. Not got it yet, but @Mad0zak got a 0-1-2 Jumping Stick. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Been mostly ill or dead tired since I got back from EJC. Today I picked up a kendama for the first time. To glue tips. :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

John

Yesterday I tried and failed multiple times to get a double whirlwind - barely even came close. Back to the drawing board I think, tough trick... might try something easier today and come back to it :)

The Void

Yesterday I wondered which should be my first trick on my new Royal Plush. I spent ten minutes trying Around Oban, before switching to...

.... Axe Somersault. I'll take it. :)

Also, went to the post office today.

johndmc

Great tricks with the plush Void.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

johndmc

The Void

Nice 1-Turn Swap Spike, @johndmc . A good one to get in the repertoire.

Apart from a brief go at the latest Endless Combo in the kitchen (which I can't re-enter yet anyway), I've had a few days off due to work and weather. Looking forward to tomorrow's Swansea session.
These have been leaking out though....
A

A

E

L

Dimensions

Been trying to improve my lefty tricks; finally got both 200 moshis, 1 bird out of 10 and hanging spike too. The rest of the dan tricks I'm ok with so I managed to pass lefty first dan!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

Today I did a yank spike first try on a mini kendama. Then tried again and got it again in about 5 tries... off camera obviously.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Quote from: Dimensions on 19 August, 2017, 18:42:32
Been trying to improve my lefty tricks; finally got both 200 moshis, 1 bird out of 10 and hanging spike too. The rest of the dan tricks I'm ok with so I managed to pass lefty first dan!
Was this prompted by losing a game of leftyKEN at the last Bris meet?  ;)
Seriously though, that's impressive. Don't think I ever went beyond lefty 1st Kyu, but I can't really remember.

Quote from: shalafi on 19 August, 2017, 20:15:50
Today I did a yank spike first try on a mini kendama. Then tried again and got it again in about 5 tries... off camera obviously.
Obviously. ;) Nice though.

Today I passed my 6th Dan practice, which was pleasing after failing on 3 tricks on Saturday.

The Void

Quote from: Dimensions on 19 August, 2017, 18:42:32
Just tried, and got 2nd Lefty Kyu. 26 Moshi was my best in 2 goes! I'm obviously leftyrusty. :)

The Void

The Void

With this in mind, I made sure to do my practice again. Passed yesterday, but missed by one Bird today. Plus...
S

T

U

The Void

Another pass on Friday, then another fail today. (1 JStick) Been tidying my computer's desktop, which throws up lots of tasks to be done, so not much play for me this weekend.