News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

What's your personal opinion on Keyaki and Natty Oozoras?

Started by aphantk16, 15 July, 2015, 00:43:19

Previous topic - Next topic

aphantk16

For a while, I have always wanted an oozora because I heard they are a great go-to kendama and i've narrowed the list down to a keyaki or a natty ozora. While I know everybody's playstyle is different, I would just like to hear what your personal input on each of these KDs is.

P.S: If I do get a keyaki, does anyone know where I could purchase one with the old seal (not recommended seal). For some reason, I favor the old seal over the new one, and i'm not looking to compete in any BKA/JKA comps soon hahaha ;D.

kendamatty

I haven't had a natty ozora, but I've had a couple of Keyakis. Great, hard-wearing kendama's, they stay slick for a long time which makes balance tricks sometimes quite a challenge..

However, the rugged nature means that they're a good companion for hard spikes and ufos, whilst also biting great for birds and slip grip tricks. If you go for the natty Ozora, I would certainly glue the spike (as I have had countless painted Ozoras, and the spike blunts reasonably quickly if you don't).

As for the purchasing of them, your best bet would be emailing retailers who stock them online and asking. Good luck!

emagdnim

I loved my natty ozora and did not like the keyaki one I had, gave that one away.
Somehow I really liked the feel of the beech wood ozora.

but... a natty TK is mutch better.