I will be editing the forum collaboration video again in 2016. Check out the vids from 2014
, if you haven't seen them.
I invite any and all forum members to submit video clips for inclusion.DETAILS
1. You must be a forum member here. (It's free to join, and everyone is welcome to join
2. Any skill level is welcome.
3. HD preferred
, and minimum
resolution of 640x360 please. (Sorry, but it's 2016, y'know. If you really don't have a device that can shoot that, well, I bet you have a friend who does.)
4. Film in Landscape ▃
, not Portrait ▋
, not Square ▉
5. Please try to keep the clips fairly short. As a guide, anything over 20 seconds is quite long in a compilation video.
6. Upload your clips to your own hosting, or a site like dropbox/wetransfer/mediafire/google drive, etc etc, and send me a forum DM
with the link. Any file format except WMV please. (If you can really ONLY do WMV, then please upload your file as a *hidden
video* to YT ("unlisted"), Vimeo or Juggling.tv (Private), and send me the link, and I will use the highest quality converted file from there.)
7. Please use a filename like: [YourForumUsername]-Collab-1.mp4 . You will be credited in the video with your Forum username. Let me know if you want your real name used as well (in brackets).
8. Please DON'T talk online about what trick(s) you have submitted, and DON'T show your clips to anyone else. It will spoil the surprise of the final video. (But you are welcome to add to the hype by saying things like "I've submitted to the collab video, woo! Exciting!", of course, just not about what trick you've submitted.)
9. You can submit more than one clip, but I do not guarantee that I will use more than one clip per person.
10. Multi-person clips are fine too. (Only forum members will be credited.)
11. Submission deadline is 23:59GMT, May 31st, 2016.GUIDELINES
- Please don't
add any effects/zooms/music to your clips.
- While I will NOT reject any tricks because they are "too easy", I may decide not to use a clip if the video quality is too poor. I want a good looking
compilation video! So, take your time to film in good lighting
(Outdoors! Go Outdoors! Outdoors!).
- Have a think about all the things in your clip apart from "the trick". So: the lighting, the scenery, the shot composition, the contrast between your clothing and the kendama/string, your presentation/style, your character in the clip, etc. Something as simple as a smile can make a clip stand out.BONUS FOR SUBMITTERS!
If one of your clips is included in the final video, you will be entered into a prize draw.
2 randomly-selected people will win a prize:
- Yumu Superpaint kendama
- Unbranded kendama
You have 3.5 months! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. Let's make it another great one this year!