News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama forum collaboration 2016 - Call for submissions!

Started by The Void, 16 February, 2016, 15:05:04

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Hi,

I will be editing the forum collaboration video again in 2016. Check out the vids from 2014 and 2015, if you haven't seen them.

I invite any and all forum members to submit video clips for inclusion.

DETAILS
1. You must be a forum member here. (It's free to join, and everyone is welcome to join.)
2. Any skill level is welcome.
3. HD preferred, and minimum resolution of 640x360 please. (Sorry, but it's 2016, y'know. If you really don't have a device that can shoot that, well, I bet you have a friend who does.)
4. Film in Landscape , not Portrait , not Square .
5. Please try to keep the clips fairly short. As a guide, anything over 20 seconds is quite long in a compilation video.
6. Upload your clips to your own hosting, or a site like dropbox/wetransfer/mediafire/google drive, etc etc, and send me a forum DM with the link. Any file format except WMV please. (If you can really ONLY do WMV, then please upload your file as a *hidden video* to YT ("unlisted"), Vimeo or Juggling.tv (Private), and send me the link, and I will use the highest quality converted file from there.)
7. Please use a filename like: [YourForumUsername]-Collab-1.mp4 . You will be credited in the video with your Forum username. Let me know if you want your real name used as well (in brackets).
8. Please DON'T talk online about what trick(s) you have submitted, and DON'T show your clips to anyone else. It will spoil the surprise of the final video. (But you are welcome to add to the hype by saying things like "I've submitted to the collab video, woo! Exciting!", of course, just not about what trick you've submitted.)
9. You can submit more than one clip, but I do not guarantee that I will use more than one clip per person.
10. Multi-person clips are fine too. (Only forum members will be credited.)
11. Submission deadline is 23:59GMT, May 31st, 2016.

GUIDELINES
- Please don't add any effects/zooms/music to your clips.
- While I will NOT reject any tricks because they are "too easy", I may decide not to use a clip if the video quality is too poor. I want a good looking compilation video! So, take your time to film in good lighting (Outdoors! Go Outdoors! Outdoors!).
- Have a think about all the things in your clip apart from "the trick". So: the lighting, the scenery, the shot composition, the contrast between your clothing and the kendama/string, your presentation/style, your character in the clip, etc. Something as simple as a smile can make a clip stand out.

BONUS FOR SUBMITTERS!
If one of your clips is included in the final video, you will be entered into a prize draw.
2 randomly-selected people will win a prize:
- Yumu Superpaint kendama
- Unbranded kendama

You have 3.5 months! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. Let's make it another great one this year!

Cheers,
Void
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Ooh yeah! I love this.

Between the IKO and outlink I'm running out of original tricks, but I'll try to get something. There should be plenty of time.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

cello_91

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I know the trick I want to record... I only need to land it, which I've done about 3 or 4 times.

The Void

Aaaaaaaand, the first submission is in! And it's not even March yet.

Careful though, folks, those 3 months can rocket past... ;)

The Void

BUMP!
Don't forget to plan your tricks, grab some nice scenery....

Cheers dudes and dudettes!

shalafi

Got the trick I wanted, submitting it later on today.

The Void

Got it, thank you. Only 2 people submitted so far. But spring is coming, the sun's coming back, so get out there and start filming, dudes!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 21 March, 2016, 15:20:03
Got it, thank you. Only 2 people submitted so far. But spring is coming, the sun's coming back, so get out there and start filming, dudes!
If I remember correctly past year there were a lot of last minute submissions (like last week or so)

Edit: Officially Spring is already here.

shalafi

fiddletriks

What's the view on PoV clips?

Instagram: @cruizerd4ft
*welsh thistle*

The Void

POV clips... well, it's about being a community video, so it's nice to see who's contributing. If you can add in... a shot of you looking in the mirror, or some other non-textual way of ID-ing yourself, then cool.
One other thing though, POV clips tend to have a dull background of a floor, or grass, etc. if you could maybe think of some way of making that more interesting, then all the better.
Cheers.

fiddletriks

Also any possibility of just emailing you a clip or 2?

Instagram: @cruizerd4ft
*welsh thistle*

fiddletriks

Quote from: The Void on 30 March, 2016, 20:32:21
POV clips... well, it's about being a community video, so it's nice to see who's contributing. If you can add in... a shot of you looking in the mirror, or some other non-textual way of ID-ing yourself, then cool.
One other thing though, POV clips tend to have a dull background of a floor, or grass, etc. if you could maybe think of some way of making that more interesting, then all the better.
Cheers.
Okay, will avoid. I have like 3 secret clips (- 1 PoV one) I would love for you to see
*welsh thistle*