News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

World Open Kendama Festa 2016

Started by The Void, 19 February, 2016, 18:29:34

Previous topic - Next topic

kendamatty

Great write up Rob! You certainly did the westerners and yourself proud, great stuff! I've also have a gander at some of your instagram videos, some awesome stuff in there! And congrats on receiving the 5th Dan in the holy-land.
See you in Almere :)

shalafi

Thanks for sharing Rob, I'm going to start practicing scoop up base cup for any future game of Ken :-P
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

@Dimensions Thanks for the write-up, Rob. I guess it was inevitable that since you had an Achilles' heel, you'd get speared in it. :-/

Maybe I'm being dim, but I was a bit confused by "Later on that day, after doing far too little practice. I was called back to play Miyu." You didn't actually say that you beat Mayu...? Are Mayu and Miyu different people? That would explain it.

In my first WOK, there was a "losers round", where people who lost in the first round got called back for a whole other new comp. But you got through the first round, so... I'm confused.

Edit: Wait, I read it again, and I think I got it: You beat Mayu, but lost to Miyu, right? Getting through two rounds is damn good stuff. Well done!

Well, anyway, sounds like you had a total blast. Enjoy the rest of your week, and good luck in the 'Cup!
Fear no-one!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

Yes, I won two rounds, but there was no losers round (too many people perhaps)

Brackets:

Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Oh, thanks for the brackets photos - that's a really good record. (I wish I'd managed to get higher-res shots of the times I went.)

Oh, and say hi to Billy from me!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

Thanks for writing all this up, seems you're having a great time!

Good luck at KWC this weekend!
Kendama Belgium!