News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama World Cup 2016 - Hatsukaichi

Started by BKA, 28 April, 2016, 13:33:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

Well that was all rather fun!
I'm not going to do a huge write up this time but I will give you a brief summary.

This event is incredible!
Where else in the world can you compete against 378 competitors from 20 different countries?!
I may not have done great at the event, but simply watching the best Kendama in the world, on stage, right in front of my eyes. For any serious player, this event is to die for!

Round 1: for me I was nervous, not sure why, I was only playing in front of two people (Nobu Norioka and Chris Do), but the moment Jake and Nobu (the MC) said "Hajime" The music and the noise was so overwhelming - a massive screen and the constant narration of random people around the hall (shut up Jake!) made me more nervous, is the crowd watching me? What's going on. Long story short, I only got one trick and scored 5 points.

Round 2: This was better, I got Stilt > Swing Stilt third try (L8) and everything else was perfect. All 33 points in 2 minutes. Could this be enough to grant me a wildcard? No it wasn't, J would have been placed 33. Yam got 39, which was the lowest score.

Oh, and Nobu got both of his runs in 90 seconds. 80 points!!!!

Final: At least I had a stress free day, even Rolf was worrying! The finals began and everything just got better and better, with Bryson and Lukas sending us off with a bang! Watching these runs on your phone is nothing like the real thing. I have no words to describe the atmosphere as someone hits somthing ridiculously difficult.

The Tour: This is why you should come, meet new people and idols and make friends from all around the world. I have never been so sad to leave an event. Such great people. I have still yet to find a Kendama player who just isn't friendly. They don't exist!

Currently in Dubai about to get my flight home, and I will see you all on Monday in Amsterdam!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

kendamatty

Nice little summary Rob! I'm impressed with your second run of tricks, it's a shame about the first. (But still, to hit stilt swing stilt when the pressure is on is nuts!)

I saw some of the videos on the internet which looked awesome (including the winning run from Bryson), which I can only imagine would have been even more incredible with the atmosphere.

See you next week.