News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Catchy air review

Started by rhys_goes_peace, 21 December, 2016, 18:25:50

Previous topic - Next topic

rhys_goes_peace

In this post I'm going to review the Catchy air kendama. I've been playing it on and off for about two months now, but it's made out of plastic so it obviously doesn't break in  ;)

So one of the good things about this kendama is that, because it is made out of plastic, it is extremely durable, and the spike doesn't dull. The rubber rings inside the cups, however, are prone to falling out, so I superglued them back on. Although it wasn't a huge problem, it was slightly annoying.

It is very easy to restring this (the cups and handle dont come off) so beginners don't have to worry about that. The string that came with this kendama DID break because it got wet, but I don't know if this is normal.

I think I've spent enough time droning on about matenince, so now I'm going to talk about the playability of this kendama! The rubber rings inside the cups make it easier for beginners to catch the tama on to the cups and lighthouse is much more doable right out of the box than, say, a glossy ozora, again beacause of the rubber rings, and the enlarged base cup. Other balance tricks like bird are almost impossible on this kendama, since the plastic ken and the plastic tama make birds slippery and hard to control. Spikes are really easy due to the big bevel and always-sharp spike.

Beacause of the netting on this kendama, when doing gunslingers and just playing in general, my fingers sometimes get sore after extended periods of playing. I don't know how good the lunar balance is, since I can't do it myself; feel free to leave below what the lunar balance is like.

Overall, I would recommend this kendama for beginners. The stringing is really easy, the kendama itself is extremely playable, and it is durable. 8 out of 10.

Thanks for reading this review! Any constructive criticism would be appreciated!  ;D
Check out my instagram: @rhysgoespeace

The Void

Yeah, the Catchy Air is a funny one. Sure, LHs are a breeze to learn with this, but I'm not sure if that's helpful when transferring to a more standard kendama. Hmmm, maybe. I'm not really a fan, but then I guess I'm not the intended target market.

I don't mind their LED one, though.
Cheers, Rhys.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!