News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

KWC 2017

Started by The Void, 31 December, 2016, 16:12:36

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I got the impression that they are not pushing that much on the lower levels, which is good. I can hardly do any trick on level 4, but they feel like a good challenge, however I want to try the basecup hanging fast hand spike (5-7) which is similar to something I have landed.

In general I think that this trick lists are maturing now after three years into a more exponential difficulty towards the higher levels, which I think is a great evolution.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

The Void

I should probably get around to watching these... :)

shalafi

I'm liking the selection of tricks a lot more than previous year, specially 8-7, 8-8 & 8-9 are really cool.

KenSan

I agree @shalafi I really like Alex Smiths level 7 Hanging swinger lighthouse (nearly landed it a minute ago)!

He does a lunar version too!
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

KenSan

I wonder if levels 9 & 10 will be where the mind bending stuff is inc Yank tricks?

shalafi

KenSan

I meant 11 and 12 for mind bending  ;D

shalafi

Quote from: KenSan on 28 April, 2017, 05:49:56
I meant 11 and 12 for mind bending  ;D
I find level 9 quite freaking hard and still elegant (which is something I missed past year)

shalafi

Happy now @KenSan ? I find 10-9 particularly mind bending.

KenSan

Yes your right @shalafi its definitely getting mind bending now! Not that 7,8 or 9 weren't! And I agree there is more of an elegance with the tricks so far this year.

The airplane 3 turn juggle ghost penguin fall in was pretty damn cool from the level 10 section, and Yuki Yaos stilt cushion tap stilt was really nice on level 9 too!

The Void

John

Had a great time watching these as they've slowly been rolling out this week. They started to get seriously difficult and completely out of reach for me by around level 6, so the last half of the levels have just been observing from a fascinated point of view. Definitely going to be trying a few of the ideas, though. :)