News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Outlink 2017!

Started by Dimensions, 18 January, 2017, 16:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

DanieLambert

@Dimensions ,yoo man I've been super swamped by college work and stress lately, totally agree missed the deadline on round 7, any chance I could snag round 7 today and rejoin??

Dimensions

@DanieLambert
I'm glad to hear your enthusiasm over the contest, but unfortunately I'm going to have to say no as this hadn't been pre-warned to anyone else.
Concerning the round 5 re-entry thing I attempted, and if this option had been taken advantage of - (as I had said,) all those who had got that far would have been given an advantage too. But as this did not happen, the original rules will remain standing.
I'm sad to see you go, but keep clicking for us!

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

Sorry to see you go, @DanieLambert ... and you too @KenSan . It's a shame when anyone has to go out because of deadlines, but then that's just part of the comp. You're both great players. Next time...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

DanieLambert

Cool man

Best of luck

The Void

I think I'm getting the muscle memory for 3.5 turns! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

Cheers @The Void I appreciate having my skills recognised by yourself! And hopefully will see you at the BKO to improve upon my 1st kyu and maybe even my 3rd place at last years BKO  8)
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

John

Quote from: The Void on 25 March, 2017, 15:23:45
I think I'm getting the muscle memory for 3.5 turns! :)

Nice work! I've spent about an hour on this today. A long, difficult hour (apparently reverse build the lighthouses are not as easy as regular ones) and the few times I got to the j-sticks, they unsurprisingly got nowhere near to clicking (or maybe they did! It's all a roll of the dice). I would be highly surprised if I landed this, but looking forward to seeing your video for inspiration. :)

The Void

Both my knees and my camera are out of batteries for the day. Got some 4-Turn action going, one of which sniffed the rim. Try again tomorrow....

John

My ken is getting absolutely wrecked with this one.

Dimensions

The Void

Sunny today, but breezy, which hasn't helped. Still...

http://juggling.tv/16370 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

Hope the framing won't get me failed... I think frame-by-frame playback reveals the quad....

Dimensions

@The Void
There were 4 in frame rotations, which raises the question of if there was an extra when it was not. By looking at the upwards rotations it seems unlikely, so benefit of the doubt...
Accepted

The Void

Phew, thanks! Have to admit, I didn't see the spike at all, it just went in.
Right, come on @John !

John

Amazing @The Void ! I knew it'd be a breeze for you, even in a.... breeze. That final spike was nerve racking!
I spent another hour on this today and honestly, really can't see me getting it but will keep on trying. My legs are well achey tonight so will have a crack tomorrow.

oesterzilla

okay, i just did it. reviewed it and it was a quint j stick.
I'm done with this today. the 2 second waiting on the lighthouse is just killing the flow.

i'll be back.