News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Outlink 2017!

Started by Dimensions, 18 January, 2017, 16:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

@oesterzilla 5?! Oh no. Is that more, or less annoying than a triple? :o
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

oesterzilla

Quote from: The Void on 27 March, 2017, 12:14:36
@oesterzilla 5?! Oh no. Is that more, or less annoying than a triple? :o
i can do a triple on purpose but not a quad. just cant see it.
so 5 is more annoying to me.

oesterzilla

hope you can see everything.

Dimensions

@oesterzilla
4 for certain! Seems like all that time spent payed off - that 5-turn previously must have been annoying though...
Accepted!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

John

Nice one @oesterzilla !
So, who's the slowcoach who we're all waiting for now then, eh?

Sorry chaps. You're all way better than me and I'm a little out of my depth, but trying!
I had almost no time today to practice, but when I did, I got a stroke of luck and actually managed to land the 4x jumping stick... and then proceeded to fluff by far the easiest part of the whole combo, back to lighthouse. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I laughed.
Still doubt I'll get this one, but will keep going :)

The Void

@oesterzilla Yes!
@John Oh damn, gutting. That's why I took a big pause afterwards. Come on though, you've got it!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

johndmc

You can do it John!
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

John

Well, it's been a long week and I'm all out of time for any more practice for this round. I've spent about an hour each day working on it, and although I didn't manage to get all the way to the end, I came much closer than I thought I'd be able to. Thanks to @Dimensions for letting me play, and best of luck to the 4 remaining players, it's going to be a close call this year.

Here's my best effort!

Dimensions

Ahh no! So close!
The deadline still remains at 16:30 tomorrow in case you get any extra time to crack it, there is still hope!

The Void

@John Awwww! Bad luck, mate.

John

@Dimensions I did have a 15 minute window earlier for one last effort actually, and I did exactly the same thing as yesterday and fluffed the final spike. Guess it was never meant to be. :)

@The Void It's all good! I never expected to get as far as I did and quite proud of how far my playing has come because of Outlink. I really wish I could have participated in a few more from previous years, but really had to put kendama (and pretty much everything else) on the backburner for quite a long time during my time in Cambodia. This was great for me and am hoping there will be more challenges on here to keep me busy in the coming months. Good luck in the competition!

Dimensions

Unlucky John, but well done on getting so far! Hope to see you at BKO if your going

@fiddletriks
@The Void
@paulsayer
@oesterzilla

Through to Round 9!

Trick 9: Opposite Lunar > Opp Axe > Opp Lunar > Flip to Candle > Candle Flip
Keyword: Of
Deadline: 4 April, 16:30 BST

Go!

The Void

Question: On the "Flip to Candle" part, you seem to make two throw movements, very close together: ken, then tama. Can we do that (two throws), or must it be one move that throws both tama and ken together? Or can we do either?

Dimensions

Fast Throw/1-Juggle, anything as long as the ken rotates

The Void