News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

British Kendama Open 2017

Started by Maicodama, 09 February, 2017, 15:52:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Maicodama

Greetings everyone!

Newtown Community Association, Exeter, Devon, UK, EX1 2DH

May 14th : 14:30 - 20:30
Exeter, Devon, UK

Save the date.

Jam Day Optional
May 13th - (Princesshay Exeter, EX1 1LL)
11:00 onwards -
Meet on the square just outside Costa Coffee. (Pic attached.) We won't be hard to spot.
If you're not able to make a start time just drop us a message on instgram @project.ark

Event Details:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1881287658756137/

Entry will be £5:
Enters you into
1 Division
Freestyle 
1 Raffle Ticket (More will be available on the day)

Intro:

Tricklists:

Beginners Speed Ladders:

Around Japan
Slip-on-Stick
Big Cup > Orbit > Big Cup
Swing In
Flying Top
Faster Than Gravity
Lighthouse > Falling Down (1sec)
Moshi x 5 > Spike

Intermediate:

1-Turn Lighthouse > Falling Down (1 sec)
1-Turn Aeroplane
Bird Fly Over The Valley (1 sec, 1 sec)
Lunar > Lunar Flip > In
Around The Block > Frying Pan > In
Stilt > In (1 sec)
Pull Up Juggle Big Cup > Spike
Downspike (Stab)
Stuntplane

Advanced/Open:

Bird > Turn to Small Bird > In
2-Turn Lighthouse > Falling
Stilt > 1-Turn In > Double Jumping Stick
Handlestall ( Clifftop) > 1- Turn In
Hanging Reverse Stab
Underbird > Airplane
Lunar > Lunar Flip > Inward 1-Turn In
Funhouse (Sarado Eiffel Tower) > Tradespike > Whirlwind
Candle > Tradespike
Scramble 1-Turn Lighthouse > Fall In
2-Turn Aeroplane > Double Jumping Stick
Base Cup > Penguin Base Cup > 1-Turn Lighthouse > 1-Turn Tradespike

Freestyle:
Timed : 90 Seconds to show everyone what you've got.
There will be three judges that will be moderating this.
Points earned for creativity, skill and accuracy. (Up to 10 points can be earned in each category)

Minigames:
Spike off, Unicorn Battle Royale, Candle Relay, Follow

Everyone loves a mini competition  :)
A mystery prize is up for grabs for anyone who can suggest/create a minigame that we have not heard about. The BKO
is probably a good chance to trial it out. Deadline (May 8th - @BenPycroft24 Bday). Ben will judge the winner.

Grading

JKA or BKA Gradings Available

As always @The Void will be present to do some gradings.
Want to test you metal? We highly suggest going for it.

Extras:
We will set up some stalls for people to have the option of buying merchandise such as apparel in addition to kendamas (perhaps even customs).
Expect to see some interesting things popping up so keep your eyes peeled.
Refreshments will be available at the venue.

We hope to see you there and best of luck with all the prep.

Much love,
Maico and the rest of the ARKFam

Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

Dimensions

Will there be any prelude days to the comp this year?
Anyway, I'll be there!

Ups to Maico and ARK for organising!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Acmuirhead

Any one heading down from Glasgow. Thinking of it but it is going to be some drive

Maicodama

Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

The Void

What divisions will there be? Dan Jam?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KenSan

So many questions!

In a world of slaydawgs and Sweets primes with their training cups :P What will be the restrictions kendama wise?
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

Maicodama

Hehehe Just keep your eyes peeled for updates on the top thread.
A little change up perhaps is expected but its a familiar format from last years.
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

Its_mrdiz

Ok so just to confirm there's now only the one social day on the Sat?

Plus with about 10 weeks to go, can we get them trick lists soon pretty please!  8)

@Maicodama

The Void

Quote from: Its_mrdiz on 03 March, 2017, 16:37:08Plus with about 10 weeks to go, can we get them trick lists soon pretty please!  8)
Seconded! I believe all (?) the tricks were filmed last weekend though, so hopefully will be out very soon.... Please?! :)

The Void

@Maicodama
Last year I released the tricks 3 months before the BKO, which was the shortest amount of time ever since BKOs began, and I felt bad about it. It's now 2 months and 4 days until this year's BKO. I know I've walked away from organising it, and you can do what you like as the new organiser, but I just want to say, as a player, I take the BKO seriously, and that if I don't get enough time to practice, then I won't be entering, because I don't want to do it half arsed. I know everyone's in the same boat, but that's how I feel personally.

So I really hope to see the divisions and trick lists announced this weekend.
Cheers, Void.

johndmc

Quote from: The Void on 10 March, 2017, 17:53:30
@Maicodama
Last year I released the tricks 3 months before the BKO, which was the shortest amount of time ever since BKOs began, and I felt bad about it. It's now 2 months and 4 days until this year's BKO. I know I've walked away from organising it, and you can do what you like as the new organiser, but I just want to say, as a player, I take the BKO seriously, and that if I don't get enough time to practice, then I won't be entering, because I don't want to do it half arsed. I know everyone's in the same boat, but that's how I feel personally.

So I really hope to see the divisions and trick lists announced this weekend.
Cheers, Void.
I'm sorry, but I have to echo this also
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

Maicodama

Hey Guys!

Deepest apologies for taking my sweet time on this. It is my first time after all.
You'll be glad to hear that the tricklists will be released tomorrow along with some extra tit bits. Kofi and I just finished the last part of the announcement vid this afternoon so it will most definitely be tomorrow.

I appreciate that people need enough time to practice. There isn't as many tricks as there were last year for the divisions and there are a few new changes also which mostly caused the delay. In addition, more sponsors have been added so we have a big pot this year to make up for the delay.

Much love as always from the rest of the ARKFam,
Maico

@The Void / @johndmc
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

johndmc

Quote from: Maicodama on 11 March, 2017, 00:26:04
Hey Guys!

Deepest apologies for taking my sweet time on this. It is my first time after all.
You'll be glad to hear that the tricklists will be released tomorrow along with some extra tit bits. Kofi and I just finished the last part of the announcement vid this afternoon so it will most definitely be tomorrow.

I appreciate that I people need enough time to practice. There isn't as many tricks as there were last year for the divisions and there are a few new changes also which mostly caused the delay. In addition, more sponsors have been added so we have a big pot this year to make up for the delay.

Much love as always from the rest of the ARKFam,
Maico

@The Void / @johndmc
Thanks Maico, looking forward to seeing what you have in store this year.
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

Maicodama

Everyone scroll up. Rules details are up.
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_