News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Spikedama 10. June 17th (+18th Social)

Started by The Void, 21 April, 2017, 20:50:30

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

s070s

emagdnim

Have fun!!!

Wont be able to come, it's my sons birthday tommorow

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Congrats jokbert!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Good fun today.
I came joint 2nd with @s070s in a Last Man Standing, did some judging in Advanced, and got firmly knocked out of the main event by @JeffreyItaliaander . Great final between @joris.schweppe  and Albert. Super excited for @Jokbert that he gets to go on his first trip to Japan!

Later, I managed to win a Last Man Standing.... beating Jeffrey into second! Small revenge. :) Also got Wesley to his 3rd Dan, and had good chills and chats with folks. Nice meal and relaxation session in the evening, although somewhat perturbing to hear "30 hour hero" Nakanishi-San got bumped from his flight. Cue @Craftybuddy Yoko The Hero trying to sort it all out by phone all evening. Eeeep! Hope he makes it home okay.

Also, I got presented with something super-special.

Thanks @Lionel Graaf @NiggetyNixaan , all the other Graafs, and everyone else for making it all happen. :-)

Chillout day tomorrow!

The Void

Also, congratulations @HansNickmans for being Unicorn Champion. Great to see you and Janne again. (How's the Noser going? ;) )

The Void

shalafi

Thanks for the write up Void!

I loved spikedamas when I lived in the Netherlands, so much fun. So many good friends as well :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

The Void

The Void

Yesterday was hot and mellow. Lots of seeking out shade, and I didn't play much at all. Nice people to chill with, though, of course.
Here's Saturday's group photo:

The Void

HansNickmans

Janne and me had a great time at Spikedama. The pro comp was intense to watch. Some points:

- My hand was shaking to hard in the Advanced to get a solid bird over the valley. So out in the first round, which was a bit of a bummer.
- To make the ladders even, they asked me to also join in Pro. Being pitted against @Jokbert in my first round was hard, however I did manage to not have the shakes and get Around the Cosmos two times (before failing on the third try...). So not as much of an annihilation as I thought :)
- Favourite moment of the Pro Comp: Albert landing a super flamingo spacewalk with a knee injury and almost falling down in the process, and taking the point!
- I won @s070s ' unicorn competition which was intense. Big ups to my final competitor Brecht who made it very difficult. A new Oozora Taisei is now shining on the cupboard.
- @The Void always brings the fun tricks. Lunar Noser is a great addition to my list of tricks. Janne will still be practicing though...

Thanks to everyone for making this event a blast! See you next time!
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

My photos are here:
*NO RE-UPLOADS PLEASE* Share page URLs, not images. Thanks.

*NO RE-UPLOADS PLEASE* Share page URLs, not images. Thanks.

I was rather touched to be presented with this Appreciation Award. Unexpected, and greatly... Appreciated! Thanks again, @NiggetyNixaan and @Lionel Graaf !