News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kent Country Jam - Sep 3rd, 2017

Started by The Void, 12 August, 2017, 16:44:51

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Let's play in the country!

Meeting Point
Manor Park Country Park, Wesy Malling, Kent, ME19 6PE
1pm onwards. Free entry. (Car park, £2 all day)
http://www.kent.gov.uk/leisure-and-community/kent-country-parks/manor-park-country-park
Nearest train station: West Malling
Cafe open 10:00-16:00
Toilets

The Plan
13:00-~14:30 -  arrive, park, and walk across the road to St Leonard's Tower, for scenic shots/clips/jams.
~14:30 - Walk back to Manor Park Country Park, for more of the same.
Round-Robin KEN games?
Gradings?
Unicorn relay race?
Whatever we feel like doing!

Click to enlarge images:

Right, who's in?
@johndmc @KenSan @Its_mrdiz @jacksohigh @Oblivion @Mad0zak @Matt Goody
If I've missed anyone vaguely local, please tag them/tell them to join the forum!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

KenSan

Is that a picture of me I see. Must mean that I'll be there then!

Also did I hear a rumour that some of the Exeter crew might try and get to it too? @Maicodama @BenPycroft24
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

johndmc

Soooo looking forward to this and catching up with people I met at BKO. And seeing the KDT lot as well of course.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

Maicodama

Yeah you're right @KenSan. Kofi and I are making it as well as Kym and Cortz. Thanks to them I can actually make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

The Void

KenSan

Nice one @Maicodama it will be good to see you guys again!

johndmc

IT'S TODAY!!

The Void

It was yesterday! :) I had fun in the park yesterday with Ryan @Oblivion @Kofi @Cortz @Its_mrdiz @kymallen94 @Maicodama @johndmc @KenSan & "Kensan Jnr" . After an initial paperwork meeting, it was a chilled day with no formal structure, so really nice time just playing KEN or Follow, or just swapping tricks or challenges.

I found a bracelet in the park (left it at the cafe as lost property), and (eventually) hit my first Cushion Lunar after rashly replying to Ben's "what are we doing?" with "Whatever you tell us to!". Good to give Ollie some exercise, and see Noah progressing impressively quickly. That silly skate-wheel kendama was a laugh too.

I think the winning run (by Ben) in the big game of Follow went...
Aeroplane>Lighthouse>Mouth Lift>Lighthouse>Trade Spike>Big Cup>Small Cup>Base Cup> Centrifuge>Whirlwind Base Cup>Small Cup>Tapback>Stab
(Sorry for "letting the South West down", Kym! ;P )

Kofi wins the photo:

Here's to the next one, everyone!

KenSan

Thanks @The Void for coming all the way over this side of the country. Like wise @kymallen94 @Cortz and of course @Maicodama and especially @Kofi for taking Noah under his wing and keeping him "hyped" on kendama and raw carrots!

And good to see all the KDT guys again whom I've been neglecting recently!

Had a great time and will hopefully get my quota of @BKA gradings under my belt in the coming months!

johndmc

Yeah thank you to all those that could make the trip, a great day.
I'm made up with landing my first UFO and suicide airplane.
Also, I am really enjoying the new Royal Plush [emoji146]

Aura Kendama

Looks like a real nice jam session

hope you like to tweek on the photo
Just could not see you guys in the shadows
:-)
Aura