News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Stamp It Stomp It - SISI 2

Started by BKA, 03 September, 2017, 22:10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Quote from: shalafi on 22 September, 2017, 16:22:35
Given that I've never landed a Lunar somersault, this round is going to be interesting... Actually I never tried much, but my lunars suck anyway :-P
May you live in interesting times!

Matt Goody

So when you say around the world, do you mean the traditional small cup, big cup, base cup, spike or any "around" trick such as Around USA?

Instagram
@g00dr0

BKA

@shalafi @rhys_goes_peace @Jak @johndmc  * @s070s  * @Dice126 @kendamatty @Matt Goody @paulsayer
Quote from: Matt Goody on 22 September, 2017, 16:37:28
So when you say around the world, do you mean the traditional small cup, big cup, base cup, spike or any "around" trick such as Around USA?

Good question. Finding it difficult to articulate a clear reply...

Quote from: BKA on 06 September, 2017, 15:59:11
RULES
* Any recognisable variation of a trick (e.g. grip type) unless specified otherwise, will be accepted.
So...
Some kind of ken grip, not a tama grip.
It can be an ATW variant, but it should be more like "Around The World" than any other well-known trick. Around USA would be Around USA, not Around The World. Rob's example in the video has extra movements (centrifuges), but it doesn't have "extra tricks" as such, so we could call it "Centrifuge The World", which is more like a variant of ATW than anything else.

If you're in doubt about what you're planning would be allowed, here's our advice: Stay as close to ATW as you can. - Maybe add flair before, between or after the compulsory tricks.

Hopefully that's clear, but, given the above clarification, we'll try to make allowances in judging.

BKA

paulsayer

Currently travelling around new Zealand, will get my entry in hopefully!

Dice126

my sisi round 5 my vote is for Matt goody for round 4 quick disclaimer there was like a minute of just me walking around before I said sisi and showed the dama completely forgot haha

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

BKA

Quote from: BKA on 06 September, 2017, 15:59:11RULES
* Read ALL the rules!
* No cuts or editing (including slow-mo) during your combos.
Sorry, if you had posted the full clip with walking around for a minute, that would have been okay. But no editing means no editing. Don't forget.
Quote from: BKA on 22 September, 2017, 16:56:09

RULES
* Any recognisable variation of a trick (e.g. grip type) unless specified otherwise, will be accepted.
So...
It can be an ATW variant, but it should be more like "Around The World" than any other well-known trick. Around USA would be Around USA, not Around The World. Rob's example in the video has extra movements (centrifuges), but it doesn't have "extra tricks" as such, so we could call it "Centrifuge The World", which is more like a variant of ATW than anything else.

If you're in doubt about what you're planning would be allowed, here's our advice: Stay as close to ATW as you can. - Maybe add flair before, between or after the compulsory tricks.

Hopefully that's clear, but, given the above clarification, we'll try to make allowances in judging.
Okay, this is clearly confusing, since you've done Around Europe there, which isn't Around The World.
So, *UPDATE* any vaguely recognisable version of Around The World will be accepted.

However, @Dice126 , your worst crime is forgetting the Drill. Sorry, but Rejected.

Dice126

Quote from: BKA on 23 September, 2017, 00:09:37
Quote from: BKA on 06 September, 2017, 15:59:11RULES
* Read ALL the rules!
* No cuts or editing (including slow-mo) during your combos.
Sorry, if you had posted the full clip with walking around for a minute, that would have been okay. But no editing means no editing. Don't forget.
Quote from: BKA on 22 September, 2017, 16:56:09

RULES
So...

Okay, this is clearly confusing, since you've done Around Europe there, which isn't Around The World.
So, *UPDATE* any vaguely recognisable version of Around The World will be accepted.

However, @Dice126 , your worst crime is forgetting the Drill. Sorry, but Rejected.
Damn can I repost an unedited one

BKA

Dice126

Quote from: BKA on 23 September, 2017, 00:15:03
@Dice126 YOU FORGOT THE DRILL.
So I'm out

BKA

@Dice126 No, you can refilm & repost. Deadline's Tuesday night.

Dice126

Quote from: BKA on 23 September, 2017, 00:18:14
@Dice126 No, you can refilm & repost. Deadline's Tuesday night.
Awesome I'll get it tomorrow haha sorry about the was way to excited

paulsayer

Round 4 late entry

Round 5 entry @BKA

Round 4 vote goes to @Dice126

BKA

shalafi

Quick question. For the lunar somersault, it just needs to start form the lunar position, right? Is something like moon base beta a valid start?

I might be able to actually complete this round.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.