News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Stamp It Stomp It - SISI 2

Started by BKA, 03 September, 2017, 22:10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

paulsayer

Sorry lads, time flew by. Good luck to the remaining few and big thanks @BKA etc. for running the comp.  :-*

shalafi

I managed to get a lot better on stab late grip change and landed a couple of lunar somersaults, not enough, but it kept me clicking and trying new things, so that's great.

Good fun. Thanks for organizing it and good luck to the remaining 3

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Jak

Well, that turned out to be harder than I expected. All the individual elements I'm okay with but putting them together was hard work. 
Anyways, hope it's okay...

I'd like my vote to go to @Matt Goody

BKA

Quote from: Jak on 01 October, 2017, 13:12:14All the individual elements I'm okay with but putting them together was hard work. 
Excellent - exactly what we wanted! :-)

Meanwhile, @Jak  , all your individual elements we're okay with. ;) Accepted, and a vote for Matt G logged.

johndmc

Thanks for running everything, I'm pleased I managed to get further than last time. Enjoy the rest of the comp everyone

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

Matt Goody

Thanks for the vote @Jak;D You're smashing it!  8)

I'm struggling with this Arm stall thing! any tips anyone?!

does it have to stall on your forearm? Could i bend my arm and balance between my forearm and upper arm?

???
Instagram
@g00dr0

BKA

Quote from: Matt Goody on 02 October, 2017, 10:24:20
Thanks for the vote @Jak;D You're smashing it!  8)

I'm struggling with this Arm stall thing! any tips anyone?!

does it have to stall on your forearm? Could i bend my arm and balance between my forearm and upper arm?

???
@Matt Goody @kendamatty Sorry, forgot to specify: "balanced on any part of the arm, but not using hand, wrist or elbow." (Since wrist & elbow could easily be used for grip, and we want a balance.)

Tip: More Knees.

Matt Goody

Thanks @BKA

would it count if i trapped the tama on my arm to begin the balance and then allow it to stall freely afterwards? I realise that this wouldn't towards the "trap" part of this combo.

Thanks.
Instagram
@g00dr0

BKA

Quote from: Matt Goody on 02 October, 2017, 12:59:51
Thanks @BKA

would it count if i trapped the tama on my arm to begin the balance and then allow it to stall freely afterwards? I realise that this wouldn't towards the "trap" part of this combo.

Thanks.
@Matt Goody @kendamatty Hmmmmm! Cause for thought.
If you'd asked this before anyone had posted, we might have allowed it as part of the "stamp". However, a "stall" is usually seen as "a catch directly into a balance", and since Jak has already posted his attempt which includes a "caught stall", it would perhaps be unfair to him to allow the remaining competitors to do a combo which includes an easier-entry stall.

So we're going to say no, it must be a proper "caught" stall. Sorry, it's not what you wanted to hear, but we try to apply rules consistently, and that's our call here. (And, even if Jak says "I don't mind", we're going to stick to that call.)

Good luck.

Matt Goody

Ok yeah that seems fair :) thanks for considering though!
Instagram
@g00dr0

kendamatty

So, after a long weekend in Barcelona, I finally managed to relax and play some kendama! Here's my round 7 entry:

http://juggling.tv/16664 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

My round 6 vote goes to @Jak

BKA

@kendamatty Had initial concerns about the timing of the trap, but the more we watched it, the more it seemed okay.
So, all ship shape and Bristol fashion, Accepted! Vote for Jak logged.

Matt Goody

Not gonna make deadline this time :( i'll keep trying!
Instagram
@g00dr0

BKA

Round 7 deadline has expired.

Round 8 details to come soon...