News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Grimsby kendama battle [UK, Aug 20]

Started by Harrydh3, 07 July, 2011, 23:21:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Harrydh3

KendamaNEUK is holding a battle in Grimsby's peoples park
detailes are http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=248371748512258
cheers,
Harry

BKA

Great to hear of local events happening! By the looks of the comments on FB, you have quite a little scene going on there.

I've added the event to the kendama calendar, and added the date to the title of this thread. Hope it goes well!

BKA

Harrydh3

we postponed it untill further notice because we havent done enough publicising yet and there were only 3 people in the advanced and only 1 or 2 more in inter.

personally i hate postponing things but me and thorn agreed it had to be done.

i'll update you guys when everything is finalised.

Harry.

AlexSmith

Hope it works out for you guys! Competitions are a fun part of kendama, very different then everyday playing. Nothing puts your nerves to the test like going head to head with somebody while a whole slough of onlookers cheer and yell in the background. Lots of fun

Thorny

What Harry said pretty much summed things up. We decided postponing the competition was in most of the competitors' interest.

We figured everyone taking part would have a more enjoyable day if everyone had time to progress that little bit extra before hand, making each of the three skill brackets were a little more even. In theory making for a little more friendly competition.

We'll let you know how it goes!

BKA

Never postpone! People are hard enough to persuade to turn up, without changing the details. Last year's EKO only had 2 people in advanced, but we went ahead with that. Maybe it would have been terrible, but now you'll never know... until next time. I don't think you should worry too much if one of the divisions looks like it might be a bit wonky. It should all be about meeting up and having a laugh - the 'competition' element is just an excuse for it all! :)

Oh well, good luck with it when it goes ahead - let us know the new date.