News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

European Kendama Open - August 10th, Munich

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 16:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

KendAlex

Hey,
It was a nice week , and nice to meet you all.
I hope to see you next year at the EJC too
it is from 28-7-2012 till 5-8-2012 in Poland Lublin.

See ya

Duncan

Quote from: KendaMushroom on 14 August, 2011, 16:17:54
Void, how those the score works? how is it that i have more misses than points? haha
I'm assuming you're actually curious as to how the scoring worked, and not just laughing about having more misses.  Since I was helping Void scorekeep, I can help answer this a bit. As you went through the competition, we simply kept track of all your misses. So, if you happened to have to do Bat (I remember your groans of pain everytime you had to do that one) and you and your competition missed all three attempts, you both got three misses. If you won that round in the end, you would only have two points against your misses, so those misses could add up quickly. Thus, points were simply how many you won over the course of the competition. Since you needed two to move on in any given round, you would have had a minimum of 8 by the time you made the final, where you needed 3 to win (since you managed one point against Mukai, you ended up with 9 points). It looks weird on paper, but that's only because people you competed against probably had as many misses as you, but you ended up moving on in the end so their total misses look artificially small.

Hope that helps.

KendaMushroom

Hey Duncan, thanks for that explanation, I was indeed curious. I think I remember a round where we both missed 6 times. makes sense now thanks again. hope you're well...see you guys at the next event!  8)

The Void

Here are some thoughts from me on the week:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/ejc2011.html

Comp review coming separately.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

That was a great read Void, I would like to take the opportunity to congratulate you and Alex again on your Dan-status. I think I would of reacted in the same way... Is this JKA-invitation gonna be an annual thing? Because it seems to raise the entire experience to another level (although I have only witnessed the first EKA....)
Kendama Belgium!

KendAlex

Thanks The Void, for posting the story.
i'm a little touch again, it was a amazing week, and i'll take it with me forever.
Thanks to all the players that where present that week.
never thought that it have so much impact on me.

KendaMushroom

Awesome text Void! ...You're a LEGEND!

I need to practice those moshikame I want to join you and alex on the Dan latter!

shalafi

Quote from: KendAlex on 17 August, 2011, 05:38:41
Thanks The Void, for posting the story.
i'm a little touch again, it was a amazing week, and i'll take it with me forever.
Thanks to all the players that where present that week.
never thought that it have so much impact on me.

Congrats again! 1.000 moshi kames are next!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

A review of competition day, plus the full results, are now here.

Full video of the competition coming on Friday.

shalafi

Glad to read that there was an all-Spanish line up, I know Alex and Pablo, not sure who Miguel is :)

I am no longer alone in spanish kendama scene!!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

One for the weekend...

The FULL video is now up. 2h46m, very large file size. Don't say you weren't warned.
http://www.kendama.co.uk/EKO2011video.html

kendamatty

Hey void!
I think the video of the eko may be broken around the 1 hr 46/47 min mark... ( I was only flicking through it on me lunch break!)
Must have taken you you absolutely yonks to upload aswell! :-\

or maybe my pc just sucks... well it does, but didn't want to have to find out like this :-p.

The Void

Hmmm. Well, I've checked, and both the files I uploaded are okay before the upload. That's not to say they did not get corrupted during the upload though - and I admit I have not re-downloaded them yet to test this. My (unfounded) suspicion though is that your computer was buffering the file as it opened it, and had only got as far as 1h46m at the time.  Have you tried using different players to play the file back? (and which file did you download? Large or small?) MPlayer, VLC, Quicktime/iTunes should all be able to cope with the file.

I recommend you use a download manager program to download the files. (I use iGetter).

Anyone else had problems (or better yet, successes)?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

LarsVegas

I downloaded the large one already. It works fine (2h46 or something like that). I admit that I only watched my part (bad Ganman ...) and the end. But everything seems to be fine

lars
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Thanks Lars. Matt sent me a message, and it turns out he only had half the file, as it had filled up his hard drive.

Well, I did warn you, Matt!

Meanwhile, something you all might miss.... keep your eyes on Matt from 2h28m30s. :-)