News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

European Kendama Open - August 10th, Munich

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 16:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

I've downloaded the "small" one and it worked fine.

Amazing competition BTW. Both semi finals and final were great and also the speed trick was quite amazing.

Also glad to see many people jumping from beginners to advanced ;)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Thorny

Did anyone get a good look at the Emerald mugen? 'green wine' must've looked incredible! :)

The Void

Yes, I saw it. The finish was just like the Wine Mugen, but a deep emerald green. The paint was just thin enough for the woodgrain to be just visible through it, with what I presume was a layer or two of clear varnish over the top.

It was one of only 50 made for the competitors in a 2007 Japanese competition (I forget which one). This one had a noticable ding near the top of the ball, where it had been dropped.

It was very nice, but I wouldn't have paid €310 for it!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Thorny

Only 50? I was aware it was (beyond) highly rare, but I thought there would have been a few more of them. I guess not.

Thorny

I'm jealous me your lookers too, Void. Not many people have seen one of those before!

The Void

I just remembered "Duncan's challenge", which happened one evening at the EJC. He challenged me to get an index-finger lighthouse, then transfer it to a standard LH. I managed it, only for Akimoto-san to immediately top it by Falling Down afterwards.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Damadude

Quote from: The Void on 23 August, 2011, 11:43:42

It was one of only 50 made for the competitors in a 2007 Japanese competition (I forget which one).

I think it was the "All Japan Kendama Championship 2007". Each of the 50 players who made it to the final round(25 pairs, 1on1elimination rounds) got one.
Join the community @ www.facebook.com/KendamaAroundTheWorld

Buy kendama @ www.kendama.de

BKA

Oops, somehow we missed Mirek's awesome photoset.
See them on flickr or on facebook.

Thanks Mirek!!

BKA

Kendama.de have posted an album of 19 new photos (and "more will follow") here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.365450933490854.74900.113236518712298&type=1 (Hopefully it's visible to non-facebookers too...?)

Some very nice shots. Thanks Marc!