News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Falling Down (Saka Otoshi) tip.

Started by The Void, 31 March, 2012, 11:46:25

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

This is the trick where, after a Lighthouse, you drop the spike of the ken into the hole.
I was talking to a friend about this trick, and I thought I'd share a small tip here that recently occurred to me.

Make sure your elbow is not too far backwards when you are about to do the drop. It should be level with your body, or slightly forwards. If it is too far backwards, you can get a little cramped for space with the catch. Maybe that's obvious already to you all, but it was a small "Eureka moment" for me, that has helped me to make the trick much more consistent[nb]Buzzword 1[/nb]. Oh yeah, and "Knees" of course[nb]Buzzword 2[/nb]. I hope it helps someone.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Tetsuya Takahashi

i have a zack yourd pro model which has a really slippery tama, making my chances very slim for a lighthouse espescially a falling down trick.
do you have any tips for a lighthouse on a slippery tama?

The Void

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Have a read through this thread, as there's lots of good Lighthouse advice in there:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,215.0.html
Let us know which tips worked (or didn't) for you!

(Summary: wear your kendama in through use, practice more, loosen your grip slightly. :) )

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!