News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

What tricks have you done by accident?

Started by primechicken, 11 October, 2012, 20:32:32

Previous topic - Next topic

primechicken

I'm sure it has happened to most of you! What are some of the tricks you have landed accidently, trying to do a different trick?

I've done an earth turn-bird just trying to do a normal earth turn a few times. Always baffles me I'm still able to balance the bird expecting it to be steady on the spike haha.

I really want to know what people with a few years experience have been able to pull off!

AlexSmith

Do ridiculous and uncountable jumping sticks count?

Bad Wolf

Gunslinger bird! Could never do it again since the first accidental land.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Daniela

I wanted to do the jumping stick one time, then double and at least the triple spin.... I made the 2 first tricks and then instead of the triple i made after 3 spins lunar! i tried it again... no chance, hahaha....

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Thorny

Quote from: AlexSmith on 11 October, 2012, 21:12:27
Do ridiculous and uncountable jumping sticks count?

I can't think of anything else I've accidentally done, at the moment (although I'm sure there's been quite a few cases of accidental flukes haha) but I'll have to agree with Alex. I've done a few jumping stick miracles and a few universe turns (uncountable earth turns, ascending to about 20ft on a stringless kendama) haha.

HansNickmans

During a late night practice I tried the double UFO and nailed it first time. I never tried it again, so I still have 100% consistency on that one :-)
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Last night.. Hanging 1-turn Stilt! Of course it wasn't on camera, and of course no-one was watching, but still, it made me grin. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

AdamWest

A while ago, I was attempting to do a lighthouse flip by making the ken hop and tapping the ridge of the bottom cup...
After a couple of close attempts I did something that almost made me defecate (it was that good).
Tapped the ridge to initiate the flip and in turn made the ken do a 540 flip to stilt!

That's NEVER happening again.

AdamWest

My always works as I want it to iPhone loaded the wrong discussion, as I meant to put that in 'what tricks have you done by accident?' but still...
I'm not typing that again :')

BKA

Quote from: AdamWest on 29 October, 2012, 15:46:00My always works as I want it to iPhone loaded the wrong discussion, as I meant to put that in 'what tricks have you done by accident?' but still...
I'm not typing that again :')
Sorted. :)

The Void

Quote from: bonzatron on 02 November, 2012, 05:50:25:o
Sorry dude, when I try to play that mp4 back, I get blackness in Quicktime, and it won't open at all in Movist or MPlayer or VLC.
Is it just me?

Thorny

Quote from: The Void on 02 November, 2012, 11:41:16
Quote from: bonzatron on 02 November, 2012, 05:50:25:o
Sorry dude, when I try to play that mp4 back, I get blackness in Quicktime, and it won't open at all in Movist or MPlayer or VLC.
Is it just me?

May be a broken video, it wouldn't work for me either, Void.