News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

World Kendama Championship/Festival, Japan, July 14th, 2013

Started by The Void, 19 March, 2013, 20:34:33

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Wondering who won... .!?

From this photo...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=412454758863420&set=a.191714274270804.38257.100002966974979... It looks like it might have been Kenta Sakamoto? Or the Mongolian player next to him? (Can't tell gold from bronze in that pic!)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

[user]roddama[/user] has sent word that "a thirteen year old girl won", so that must be her standing behind the trophy. Congratulations to her! Wow, last year 14, this year 13, will it be a 12-year old next year!?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Craftybuddy

Quote from: The Void on 14 July, 2013, 15:49:45
[user]roddama[/user] has sent word that "a thirteen year old girl won", so that must be her standing behind the trophy. Congratulations to her! Wow, last year 14, this year 13, will it be a 12-year old next year!?

Yes, her name is Miss Sakura Ohno. She has been winning all sorts of competitions in Japan.
But apparently when she was given the trophy, she was weeping for joy. God bless her!! Congratulations to her and all who had done the best!!

Yoko

BKA

Dadooh

Wow... 13 years old! Congrats to her! Is anybody know who was the "best foreigner"?

AlexSmith

The Mongolian competitors would probably be considered the best foreigners there, not sure what place(s) they came in though.
I made it to the 3rd round (note: it was me vs. Matt Ballard 1st round, then I had a by through the second round, only to get rolled by last years champ in the 3rd round). Thorkild also did well, he made it to the 2nd or 3rd round before losing to K Cima.

Fun contest, but not nearly as fun at the GLOKEN cup the next day. The WKO was the quintessential 'Japanese style' contest - intense preparation in order to perform the tricks absolutely perfectly every time hehe. The consistency of the top players is pretty amazing. GLOKEN cup was much more westerner friendly :P

Had a ton of fun though, it was amazing to meet some new Japanese players, and see some old friends. Everyone sung happy birthday for me while I was on stage, which was pretty crazy hehe. Most people I've ever had singing to me at one time :p