Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Events, meets & competitions / Re: Royal Plush competition
« Last post by BKA on Yesterday at 16:19:24 »
@Jedi_man @Ashton @jakub.zahumensky @James_Hoang25718 @Matt Goody The plushness keeps coming! All good, but we still need at least one more entry for someone to win.... tell your friends to enter.
Events, meets & competitions / IG/Twitter Plush giveaway
« Last post by The Void on Yesterday at 15:33:55 »

#Royal #Plush
Events, meets & competitions / Re: European Kendama Open 2017
« Last post by The Void on Yesterday at 13:19:41 »
My pics from the trip are here:

***No re-uploads, please. Share page URLs, not images. Thanks. ***
Click for gallery.

***No re-uploads, please. Share page URLs, not images. Thanks. ***

Anyone got any other pic links?

===

Thanks @jakub.zahumensky @Maicodama & @Doppia_D89 for taking on the EKO. I know how much work it is, and I appreciate all your time & effort.

Congrats to everyone who competed with a standard competition-sized kendama at the Enlarged Kendama Open - I was impressed by your skills.
Turn-out was slightly down. I think this is probably due to the same factor that is observed at EJCs: The "further from the middle" of Western Europe you are, the lower the turnout. Well, it's good to move the competition around Europe, so fair enough.
The option of having the venue open to the pubic sounded like a great idea. Unfortunately, it wasn't really in a spot where people would just wander past, so we didn't get many public spectators. Also, the fact that the venue was just outside of the EJC campus meant we didn't get many jugglers coming to watch either. An unfortunate combination of factors that was no-one's fault really. Oh well.
These factors also explained (I think) why there were no competitors in Noob division.
The Pro list was too hard.
Well done on the tough job of judging, @jakub.zahumensky . Yes, I questioned one of your judgements, but you explained your reasoning and I immediately accepted it. Consistency and clarity of judging is essential.
Well done on microphone enthusiasm @Maicodama . But I was sad to see the timekeeping lessons from BKO weren't learned. Every "5" minute break loses audience and energy. No time for Unicorns and Candle battles. Gerronwivit!  ;)

7 To Spike heats were too long. They should be to 4 or 5 points, not 7. The rule-tweak to stop the King getting easy points was good.
Glad I finally got to see a Kendama Cup format live. I think it worked well, and was fun to watch.

It was good to hang out with as many of the players as I could, and meet new people too. The fact that I was working for 7 of the 9 EJC days meant I didn't get to jam as much as would have liked with you all, or run more grading exams. Sorry for that, but at least I got to be there.

Sad to see once again that so many kendama players are stinking[1] drug addicts. Stupid, sad, and a terrible example. You deserve to die of lung cancer. I'm not joking[2]. All the more heartbreaking since you lot seem to otherwise be a great bunch of people.

@Mirek said to me that he thought the EKO should go to Romania next year. Seems like a good suggestion, as that seems to be where the most kendama players are right now. There'd be a good turnout, if nothing else!

Thank you to all the sponsors for your continued support of the EKO.

Clicks,
Void
 1. I use this word literally.
 2. I probably deserve to die of arrogance or judgementalism, but since they're not known killers, I probably won't.
Videos / Re: Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)
« Last post by BKA on Yesterday at 12:39:14 »
@Matt Goody Yep. Roundup post:

Next...

167. [from loaded tama grip] > 1.5 Turn Trapeze

So from the position that you hold the tama with the ken in it:
- Throw a 1.5 turn airplane/aeroplane
- Grab the string and catch the ken in trapeze
(See the first part of Cliff's clip in http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1022.msg28743.html#msg28743 earlier post.)

RULES
Anyone can enter. Just join this forum!
Trick Rules
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama. (16cm ken, 60mm ball)
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- Your trick set may end on an active ballance (i.e Candle Balance) but you can use an active ballance in a transition of a trick/set
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

There is a prize of a Trojka 3 kendama for one random participant between tricks 151-175.
Currently in the draw: KenSan Jnr, The Void, the milky oolong, KenSan, s070s, Dimensions, Jakub, Ben Pycroft, fiddletriks, shalafi, John, Cliffdama.

s070s, jakub.zahumensky , John, The Void, Cliffdama must sit out this round.
Events, meets & competitions / Re: Matt's comp
« Last post by The Void on 15 August, 2017, 18:33:33 »
@Matt Goody Oh, well, if you put it like that... Go on then! Cheers. :)  . Sep 3rd will be fine, if you're there....
Videos / Re: Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)
« Last post by Matt Goody on 15 August, 2017, 16:33:45 »
so the next trick to lace is 1.5 trade to trapeze?... i'm on it!
Events, meets & competitions / Re: Royal Plush competition
« Last post by Matt Goody on 15 August, 2017, 16:00:30 »
Hmmm... the plushest thing i can think of is def this pic of Mr Fluffy!  ;D

Events, meets & competitions / Re: Matt's comp
« Last post by Matt Goody on 15 August, 2017, 15:57:17 »
Hey @The Void

Looks like your vid for this mini comp was the cleanest, if not the first, so the prize is yours my friend if you would like to claim it!

Matt  ;D
Tricks / Re: The ever popular "Today I..." thread
« Last post by johndmc on 14 August, 2017, 22:58:23 »
today I learnt this

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Tricks / Re: The ever popular "Today I..." thread
« Last post by johndmc on 14 August, 2017, 22:56:38 »
Great tricks with the plush Void.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal