News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Stamp It Stomp It - SISI 2

Started by BKA, 03 September, 2017, 22:10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Round 2 entry here:

After much deliberation, my vote goes to Ben, that fast hand finish is just too smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

John

Goodness, this 4 day deadline is quite unforgiving! I'm working 12 hours today, hope I can get something down tomorrow or it'll be curtains for me.. all inspiring entries so far though. There is (bleak) hope!

DanieLambert

Y'all got this lads, keep pushin

Dice126

my round 2 entry and I vote for @paulsayer for round one sick line love that isr dama

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BKA

Sorry @Dice126 , but that also fails the requirements for Drop n Pop. Rejected. Please try again!
Quote from: BKA on 10 September, 2017, 16:02:52
Drop N Pop**
Swirl [Any catch]*

** From a gripped, loaded kendama, drop everything, and immediately re-catch the ken (or tama), let the tama (or ken) fall down and immediately "pop it" (string tension bounce) back up to a catch.

rhys_goes_peace

@BKA I did a variation of the drop and pop, which I am officially naming the Drop, Pop 'n' Swap! (Unless the BKA already has a name for it, of course, or can think of a better one.) I hope this fits into a variation of the trick.

(This is my round two entry btw)
Check out my instagram: @rhysgoespeace

rhys_goes_peace

Oooops, sorry, I forgot the vote! I vote @paulsayer . The UFO to lunar was pretty crazy, and the inward flips looked classy!

BKA

We've been asked...
Hello, just wanted to check on the round 2 trick, can the 1 turn airplane be from coming out of the swirl?
Good question! Hmmmm. Thinking about it, you have to do something as the "any catch". That *can be* a 1-T Aero, but then you'd need to do
*another* 1-T Aeroplane to have done "all three tricks".

johndmc

How's this one?

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

BKA

@johndmc Reverse Swirl accepted as a recognisable version of Swirl. This DnP was good, so Accepted, and a vote for Rhys counted.

@rhys_goes_peace Sorry for the delay. Currently viewing on a small screen, and have some doubt about your exit from Swirl. There seems to be a pause, rather than continual motion. I've asked for a second opinion, but until that comes through, you're currently, *provisionally* Rejected. Be prepared to potentially have another shot at it.
Your DnP variant was fine. (Void & Donald have "Swap n Pop" in their books, btw, but it's different to yours.)

rhys_goes_peace

Quote from: BKA on 12 September, 2017, 21:41:57
@johndmc Reverse Swirl accepted as a recognisable version of Swirl. This DnP was good, so Accepted, and a vote for Rhys counted.

@rhys_goes_peace Sorry for the delay. Currently viewing on a small screen, and have some doubt about your exit from Swirl. There seems to be a pause, rather than continual motion. I've asked for a second opinion, but until that comes through, you're currently, *provisionally* Rejected. Be prepared to potentially have another shot at it.
Your DnP variant was fine. (Void & Donald have "Swap n Pop" in their books, btw, but it's different to yours.)
There was a pause in the exit from the swirl, I just didn't think it was a problem. I'll try to get it filmed tonight, but I have clubs on.

BKA

@rhys_goes_peace The second opinion is in, and unfortunately confirms that there is a pause which interrupts the motion of the Swirl. Everything else is okay, but sorry, it's a confirmed Rejection. :/

paulsayer

Round 2 entry:

I vote @rhys_goes_peace for round one cause that was all tech homie, so good