News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Newbury meet-up, Sunday, March 25th. UK.

Started by BKA, 12 March, 2012, 11:43:28

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Just for fun and kicks, we're having a little afternoon meet-up in [noembed]Newbury, UK[/noembed], on March 25th, from 2pm BST!. By the bandstand, Victoria Park.
Easy access from M4, A34 or train. Free parking on a Sunday at Market Street Council Offices (#11 here).

General play, maybe some filming, trickswaps, battling, gradings for anyone who wants one, some K-E-N action, who knows what clickin' fun there'll be....

Who's in?

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

GbH

SamB

BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

BKA

Weather forecast isn't too bad, so let's meet by the bandstand in Victoria Park, 2pm British Summer Time:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=victoria+park+newbury+uk&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=G9JpT7OYJOjQ0QWt5-ySCQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=3&ved=0CAwQ_AUoAg

(Near the Wharf Road side - switch to Satelite view to see it more clearly!)

[noembed]10 minutes' walk from the train station[/noembed].
Free parking on a Sunday at Market Street Council Offices (#11 here).

The Void

The clocks go forwards an hour on Saturday night/Sunday morning, so don't get your times mixed up!

So that makes this the first event of the summer. Bring on the sun!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Had some fun clicking today with Matt, Guy and Sam. So much more inspirational to feed ideas of each other, than practising alone.
I managed to equal Alex's record of 6 UFOs in a row (not on camera, alas), and got a couple of other first-time tricks too.... which might see the light of day if Sam makes a video with what he shot today.

Cheers, chaps!

kendamatty

A cracking day indeed, it certainly beat a click in the garden. See you guys in a couple of weeks, and yes if Sam uploads a kind of edit sure it will be good if not blinded by the sun!

SamB

Very nice day indeed. Topped up the tan nicely. Video came out surprisingly well, although my laptop has been complaining about it so it may take a while to cut together/ find another computer, but there are couple of bangers in there!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

SamB