News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

help me pick a new kendama for Christmas!

Started by Heero, 14 December, 2015, 06:07:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Heero

Sup guys. I'm new to kendama. I've put down less than a weeks work of practice. I'm playing on a sweets focus with a mint green tama. im landing some ufos, Ken flips and what not and am looking to get some lunars in. Still having lots of trouble with lighthouses cause my sweets is soooo slippery. So I'm looking for a second kendama to suit my needs.

I'm thinking sweets ins in the middle for weight so I would like to try something a little heavier? Something that will be tacky but not looking for rubber paint or anything. I want to learn for real. Would like to keep the price semi low so I'll put a max of 50 but am not looking to spend that much. I saw a used DWIxCLYW dama that looks sweet but it's has a big price point for a used dama(i yoyo and CLYW is my favorite company so I wouldn't mind spending it if it's worth it).

Thanks guys, hope I get a good answer.

The Void

Quote from: Heero on 14 December, 2015, 06:07:20I want to learn for real.
I applaud this sentiment.
Royals are heavier, and a nice price. (I am heavily biased, though. :-) )
An Ozora premium would give you some extra tack. Not sure about heavier though - probably not.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

johndmc

Quote from: The Void on 15 December, 2015, 00:43:42
Quote from: Heero on 14 December, 2015, 06:07:20I want to learn for real.
I applaud this sentiment.
Royals are heavier, and a nice price. (I am heavily biased, though. :-) )
An Ozora premium would give you some extra tack. Not sure about heavier though - probably not.
Maybe an excuse to get both and swap the tama's over? [emoji12]
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

Heero

How is something like the sweets f3 chameleon or a krom deluxe?

mabulrub

I have a KROM Deluxe X Autumn . Not very grippy. Learning on this has not been a pleasant experience.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Heero

Quote from: Heero on 16 December, 2015, 14:23:14
How is something like the sweets f3 chameleon or a krom deluxe?
funny you should say that. That's actually what I got myself for Christmas. F3 chameleon marble. It's actually awesome. Not sticky but plenty tacky. The new and improved Ken is amazing. Haven't gotten to use it much though. Hurt my back Christmas weekend. Finally picked it up a few days ago. Finally landed a swing to lighthouse a few days ago. Next day decided to try my luck with lunars. Jumping stick to lunar achieved.

How's that for a beginner? ::)

Had such a good experience with sweets. I've decided to look for a good priced home grown. How does that play compared?

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!