News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Stamp It Stomp It - SISI 2

Started by BKA, 03 September, 2017, 22:10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Mmm, I may try round 6, then retry round 5... I have bad consistency on 2 tricks, so it'll be quite a challenge. On round 5 I had no consistency on 1 trick, so I guess round 6 is slightly easier for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

The Void

I look so serious (miserable?) in the video. Sorry about that! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

I thought that I'd squeeze a quick clip in before work, as I don't know the next time I'll have a moment to film. Trying to keep it simple but smooth here with my round 6 entry:

http://juggling.tv/16659 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

(p.s. the whirlwind is from bat to base cup - hopefully it's alright!)

My round five vote goes to @Jak , mostly for the inward lunar entry.

Jak

Quote from: kendamatty on 27 September, 2017, 08:16:27
My round five vote goes to @Jak , mostly for the inward lunar entry.

Thanks dude. Weirdly, the hardest bit for me though was that candle catch! Not a fan of candle!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

BKA

@kendamatty Is your UFO pushing the horizontality limit? After a few watches, we decided to allow it.

Your Whirlwind is from Underbird, not Bat (you're clearly touching the sarado), and we wondered about allowing it, since the positional change from Underbird to Base Cup is a little under 360°. However, the Whirlwind does a full 360° with respect to your hand, and since we said "to any catch", we can interpret that as you entering the catch position after the Whirlwind.

So, overall, Accepted, and a vote for Jak logged.

shalafi

Quote from: shalafi on 26 September, 2017, 22:39:47
Mmm, I may try round 6, then retry round 5... I have bad consistency on 2 tricks, so it'll be quite a challenge. On round 5 I had no consistency on 1 trick, so I guess round 6 is slightly easier for me.

I take that back, my attempts at round 6 have been largely unsuccessful.

I want to point out that I believe the progression of difficulty on the rounds up to 6 has been really well measured. Slowly but steadily increasing difficulty. I know it is very hard to do it right, so hats off to you @BKA well done!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Quote from: shalafi on 28 September, 2017, 11:27:14I want to point out that I believe the progression of difficulty on the rounds up to 6 has been really well measured. Slowly but steadily increasing difficulty. I know it is very hard to do it right, so hats off to you @BKA well done!
Thanks.
It's tough to get the balance right, somewhere between "easy" and "nuts!", and aiming at "a bit of a challenge", each round. Obviously there will be strong players who get through the first rounds easily, but then again, it's important to try to make players who are less experienced, or less strong, feel like they have a chance of staying in.
We had all 8 rounds' tricks drawn up before the start, but were prepared to change the level if it seemed necessary. (So far it hasn't.) Considered "not bothering" with the voting this time, but decided that was a big part of the character of SISI, so we kept it in. Glad that we did - kudos to Jak for coming up with the concept last year.

Hopefully you'll still think the same when you see rounds 7 & 8 (& the tiebreaker, if needed)!

Good luck if you're still trying.

Jak

The string really tried to mess me up on this one but I just about managed to rescue it.

My vote is for @kendamatty; knee bounce to spike deserves a vote.

Jak

Quote from: BKA on 28 September, 2017, 14:03:19
kudos to Jak for coming up with the concept last year.

Not to sound big headed or anything...BUT... not a bad game is it!? haha.
To be fair I know how difficult it is to manage, as well as time consuming. You've done a great job (so far ;)) and it hasn't gone unnoticed that you've even kept the format of the video examples so similar to last years; I've take that as a compliment really that you felt you haven't had to change much, so thank you.

Nothing too tricky next round please ...Ta!     (EDIT: That's if I'm through!...)

BKA

@Jak A bit more light on the kendama-showing next time please.
Trick-wise, though, all good, so Accepted. Vote for Matty logged.

Can't promise anything on next round's trickiness! :-)

Matt Goody

Instagram
@g00dr0

BKA

@Matt Goody because of the angle, had to freeze-frame it to decide on the UFO tilt - but it's just fine, so no problems there. All tricks present and correct, Accepted!
Vote for Jak logged.

BKA

Round 6 deadline has expired.

Round 7 details to come soon...

BKA

Round 6 is now over, and wth no entry posted for either Round 5 or 6, that means we have to sadly say goodbye to @shalafi , @rhys_goes_peace & @johndmc . Also, with his Late Lifeline already used, we have to bid farewell to @paulsayer. Thanks for entering guys, hope you had fun.

The Round 5 vote goes to @Jak , with 2 of the 3 votes. Congratulations Jak, you will go into the final round of Best Combo voting. http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3079.msg29788.html#msg29788

Round 7
Deadline: Wednesday, October 4th, 16:00 BST **Back to the original time**

Gunslinger Spike
2-Turn Jumping Stick
3-Juggle Anything**
Axe
Trap*
Arm stall***
* a) Not in combination with another compulsory. e.g. "Gunslinger Spike Trap" doesn't count for both moves - It would be okay as your Trap, but you'd have to do another Gunslinger Spike as well. b) The "trapping part" of the trick should land at same time as the "other part" of the trick.
** That's a juggle of (exactly) 3 catches.
*** Ken or Tama. Must not be held in place by string tension

http://juggling.tv/16662 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

Remember to VOTE when you post your entry:
Round 7 votes for Round 6:
* = "Late lifeline" has been used up.
@kendamatty http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3079.msg29800.html#msg29800
@Jak http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3079.msg29806.html#msg29806
@Matt Goody http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3079.msg29816.html#msg29816