News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

1st Irish Kendama Open (March 21st, 2015)

Started by shalafi, 29 December, 2014, 16:14:45

Previous topic - Next topic

kendamatty

Cracking idea Shalafi, the date is in the diary!

The Void

Comin' attcha! (Please log in to see attached file.)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Wohoo, I just need some Duthmen to come as well :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Updated with venue information and timeslot.

The Void

Had a practice sesh today. 1 trick I don't like, 1 is harder than it should be, and one I need to polish up. Plus general practice.

Hey, [user]donald grant[/user], I see Edin>Dublin flights are pretty cheap... ^_^
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

The trick you don't like, why is that? Is it ugly, nasty? Just curious.

The Void

I have no problem with the list being like it is.
It's just that I have taken a personal dislike to one of the tricks. 'Cos I'm not getting on well with it.

shalafi

if it is one of the first 4, there is a chnace that we start on semi-finals already

shalafi

I just got word that David Marchant (a.k.a. David SunRise) is also planning to do a day trip to the IKO :)

The Void

shalafi

I always forget David nickname in the forum :)

Royal Kendama is a sponsor!

And Kendama Europe is also a sponsor!

The prize pool is starting to look awesome.

Unrelated: @Void, how long since you participated on a Kendama event as competitor? I guess in Japan past year, right? What about participating in a Kendama event in Europe? I'm guessing 2009 ;-)

The Void

I did not compete in Japan in 2014 (no comps happening while I was there), but did in 2012.
In 2012 I competed in the BKO, where I realised that my head was too full of organising thoughts to be able to do both that and compete. I just couldn't concentrate onstage. (Excuses.. ;) )
In late 2013 I competed in LXG in Leicester. I came 2nd. Outside of UK, I suppose it was the Getdown in Copenhagen, Dec 2012. I came 3rd.
I've never competed in the EKO - I've always been running it.
So, 15 months by the time IKO comes around. Rusty.

kendamatty

I am looking forward to a showdown Void, it has been a while!... (That is if I make it past the first round, these tricks are a tad taxing!)

Shalafi - Is it BKA/JKA approved kendamas only? Or comp sized in the only important thing?
I am mid-recruiting a couple of others (including potentially my sister and her boyfriend who may be visiting the weekend), so want to make sure they have the right gear, unless it'll be a more relaxed affair?

shalafi

About the kendama, I'm quite open to allow people play, so in principle BKA approved + a few extra exceptions, like the one they sell on Tiger, and of course, competition size.

I won't allow stick paint finishing, like the Sweets aTack, Krom Rubber or Play Pro Grip. If you have such a kendama, I'm sure you have another one as well that qualifies.

I won't allow things like Mugen mushou, I think that is unfair.

I won't be strict about having to be your own kendama, if you borrowed one for the day, that's fine with me. I may even bring some with me.

All in all, I want to encourage people to play, so I *may* allow any kendama on the beginners ladder. The restrictions are meant for advanced players not getting an extra edge.

Edit: I considered that this is not very precise and potentially confusing, so we are going for competition size.

shalafi

Sorry for the double posting, but...

Krom Kendama is also a Sponsor!