News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Weather-Worn Wood Worries

Started by The Void, 14 July, 2017, 16:46:17

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

The story's in the video.

http://juggling.tv/16528 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Nice one! Was the kendama left outside intentionally as a durability test? It looks like 100 year old.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Yes, it was deliberately left outdoors to face the elements. Not specifically as a "durability" test, more of an experiment with no particular aim; idle curiosity.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 15 July, 2017, 00:48:23
Yes, it was deliberately left outdoors to face the elements. Not specifically as a "durability" test, more of an experiment with no particular aim; idle curiosity.
Idle curiosity is the best :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

s070s

kendama looks pretty awesome (from a far)
but the cracks probally made it play worse
How did it effect the play ? (i see a wobblely lighthouse)

The Void

The aged patina of the wood was really nice. It actually added grip. But the no-longer-round cups don't match up so well with the differently-no-longer-round tama. So it's... interesting to play, but quite awkward.

johndmc

Haha brilliant

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

KenSan

Nice work Mr Void. I like idle curiosity, although I probably wouldn't have the patience to leave a kendama outside for a year.
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Cheers. It probably helped that I'm lucky enough to have lots of other kendamas to distract me. :)

Edit: The story continues in... https://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3216