News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama USA (customs Fees)

Started by KenSan, 30 October, 2016, 10:53:59

Previous topic - Next topic

KenSan

I emailed KUSA about this as I was thinking of ordering from them (and subsequently have).

From what I had heard in the UK we were being hit with some excessive customs fees, however KUSA told me they were working to reduce these fees.

Anyway, I ordered 3 kendamas for just over $100 to take advantage of the free international shipping, and  in the hopes of mitigating any customs fees and I was plesently suprised when I recieved the package 10 days later with NO FEES to pay. So whatever they did worked. :D

Thanks @KendamaUSA  ;)
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

Hooray for customer service. Or maybe you just got lucky. I think there's always an element of lottery in this. Anyway, well done.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

daniel.patten.73

Sorry to resurrect a month+ old post, however I'm curious to know what custom fees amounted to in relation to what was purchased. Just from anyone's past experience with KUSA or another state-side co.

KenSan

@daniel.patten.73

As Void said there is probably an element of luck involved in all this. However checking the box that my $100 order came in its marked up as $20 'wooden toys' so that's why there were no customs fees. On the other foot I got a $25 kendama sent from USA and ended up paying £12 customs fees. Karma who knows?
I believe once the value goes over about £15 (exchange rate dependent) then your in for fees but I don't know how they relate to value of item etc. I'm sure there is a web site that can help.
It seems some company's may help you out as they are only 'wooden toys'
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

Owen

Yo dude  that is  awesome , i recently ordered a package form KUSA as well and i had to pay £25 on fees. I was only told about the fees a couple weeks after i ordered so that was annoying but i ordered two damas and when the box came i opened it and saw my two kendamas and a limited edition Wyatt Bray  kendama box and i was so stoked so that was well worth it , Thanks so much KUSA!! :D :D
Owen