News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

European Kendama Open 2012

Started by BKA, 10 February, 2012, 16:33:23

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Ladies and gentlemen, set your watches, pen in your calendars, and get yourselves to Poland for August 1st!
Come on over America, come back over Japan, come along Europe, let's make this the biggest kendama event ever!

http://www.kendama.co.uk/EKO2012.html

Facebook Event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/297710770303466

SamB

Finally! Hooray! Hopefully flights back won't be too much. Bloody olympics! *Shakes fist*
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

shalafi

Not sure if I'd attend the EJC this year, but we'll see.

That being said, I think the list trick of 2011 was better. I especially dislike the pinkie and the thumb trap, they don't look like "proper" Kendama tricks.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

The EKO trick list has not been announced yet.

SamB

Quote from: BKA on 10 February, 2012, 17:01:21

Oooooooooooooooh suspense.................
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

HansNickmans

Will there be a ticket for only the EKO, like for the BKO? Cause I'm not able to go to the entire convention but I would love to enter in the EKO and maybe take a whack at a 2nd Dan grading.
Kendama Belgium!

BKA

EJC has not yet announced their prices, but I suspect not. You will probably have to buy a day ticket for the convention. And I would not necessarily rely on being able to do a grading on the same day as the competition, so you better stay for 2 days at least.

HansNickmans

Okay, thanks for the info! I'll probably be able to go for 3 or 4 days, I didn't expect everything to happen in one day :-)
Kendama Belgium!

shalafi

Quote from: BKA on 10 February, 2012, 17:01:21
Ups, ok, other years it has been the same as the BKO, I guess it is not impossible that this year that happens as well. :)

Damadude

Nice to see the date could be confirmed. Good work Void!
Join the community @ www.facebook.com/KendamaAroundTheWorld

Buy kendama @ www.kendama.de

BKA

EKO 2012 Beginner list, and a slight rule change, confirmed:
http://www.kendama.co.uk/EKO2012.html

shalafi

mmm, with that rule change I may have won the EKO beginners 2010 and the BKO beginners 2011, my typical no miss ladder until I miss 3 on a row.

Edit: I should have won the beginners on the BKO, but still 2nd on the EKO.

I like the new rule, rewarding consistency.

BKA

EKO Advanced tricklist finalised. To be announced, with video, by Wednesday. #teaser

KendaMushroom

can't wait!

by the way I have a suggestion to make on the way the comp actually goes down...I found very annoying that there was a 20 trick list last year, but that in the whole competition, pretty much only 12 of them came out. I think that if a trick is picked out and a point is scored with it...the trick should bounce. no point in having to do it again, especially if there is a whole list of tricks :)

know what i mean Void?

I say this as a friend, and because I'm traumatized by the F*"รง%+=/ BAT!! hahaha

The Void

Hi Nic,

You mentioned this once before, and we took it on board. Since October, once a trick has been drawn in a battle, we've been setting that trick aside until the end of that battle. (Or until all the other tricks have also been drawn and the battle is still going on, in which case all the tricks go back into a bag.) So no repeats within a battle any more (or very unlikely to be).

So thanks for the suggestion. (Both times)  :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!