News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Collab video 2018 - call for submissions. Join in and win!

Started by The Void, 27 February, 2018, 16:12:26

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Hi,

I will be editing the forum collaboration video again in 2018. Check out the vids from 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 if you haven't seen them.

I invite any and all forum members to submit video clips for inclusion.

DETAILS
1. You must be a forum member here. (It's free to join, and everyone is welcome to join.)
2. Any skill level is welcome.
3. HD preferred, and minimum resolution of 640x360 please. (Sorry, but it's 2018, y'know. If you really don't have a device that can shoot that, well, I bet you have a friend who does.)
4. Film in Landscape , not Portrait , not Square .
5. Please try to keep the clips fairly short. As a guide, anything over 20 seconds is quite long in a compilation video.
6. Upload your clips to your own hosting, or a site like dropbox/wetransfer/mediafire/google drive, etc etc, and send me a forum DM with the link. Any file format except WMV please. (If you can really ONLY do WMV, then please upload your file as a *hidden video* to YT ("unlisted"), Vimeo or Juggling.tv (Private), and send me the link, and I will use the highest quality converted file from there.)
7. Please use a filename like: [YourForumUsername]-Collab-1.mp4 . You will be credited in the video with your Forum username.
8. Please DON'T talk online about what trick(s) you have submitted, and DON'T show your clips to anyone else. It will spoil the surprise of the final video. (But you are welcome to add to the hype by saying things like "I've submitted to the collab video, woo! Exciting!", of course, just not about what trick you've submitted.)
9. You can submit more than one clip, but I do not guarantee that I will use more than one clip per person.
10. Multi-person clips are fine too. (Only forum members will be credited.)
11. Submission deadline is 23:59GMT, June 11th, 2018.

GUIDELINES
- Please don't add any effects/zooms/music to your clips.
- While I will NOT reject any tricks because they are "too easy", I may decide not to use a clip if the video quality is too poor. I want a good looking compilation video! So, take your time to film in good lighting (Outdoors! Go Outdoors! Outdoors!).
- Have a think about all the things in your clip apart from "the trick". So: the lighting, the scenery, the shot composition, the contrast between your clothing and the kendama/string, your presentation/style, your character in the clip, etc. Something as simple as a smile can make a clip stand out.

BONUS FOR SUBMITTERS!
If one of your clips is included in the final video, you will be entered into a prize draw.
4 randomly-selected people will win a prize:
- JKA sports shirt (size large)
- Royal Plush
- Sweets Stain
- 3 Origami kendamas

You have 3 months! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. Let's make it another great one this year!

Cheers,
Void
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

Okay, cool!

I've been out of the game for a bit (#damadad) but I think I can manage to film something before May 31st.
Kendama Belgium!

shalafi

Happy to see this happening again.

I'll see if I can come up with something a bit fresh, not practicing much lately, just the Dan gradings.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Unichuck1

Quote from: The Void on 27 February, 2018, 16:12:26

Hi,

I will be editing the forum collaboration video again in 2018. Check out the vids from 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 if you haven't seen them.

I invite any and all forum members to submit video clips for inclusion.

DETAILS
1. You must be a forum member here. (It's free to join, and everyone is welcome to join.)
2. Any skill level is welcome.
3. HD preferred, and minimum resolution of 640x360 please. (Sorry, but it's 2018, y'know. If you really don't have a device that can shoot that, well, I bet you have a friend who does.)
4. Film in Landscape , not Portrait , not Square .
5. Please try to keep the clips fairly short. As a guide, anything over 20 seconds is quite long in a compilation video.
6. Upload your clips to your own hosting, or a site like dropbox/wetransfer/mediafire/google drive, etc etc, and send me a forum DM with the link. Any file format except WMV please. (If you can really ONLY do WMV, then please upload your file as a *hidden video* to YT ("unlisted"), Vimeo or Juggling.tv (Private), and send me the link, and I will use the highest quality converted file from there.)
7. Please use a filename like: [YourForumUsername]-Collab-1.mp4 . You will be credited in the video with your Forum username.
8. Please DON'T talk online about what trick(s) you have submitted, and DON'T show your clips to anyone else. It will spoil the surprise of the final video. (But you are welcome to add to the hype by saying things like "I've submitted to the collab video, woo! Exciting!", of course, just not about what trick you've submitted.)
9. You can submit more than one clip, but I do not guarantee that I will use more than one clip per person.
10. Multi-person clips are fine too. (Only forum members will be credited.)
11. Submission deadline is 23:59GMT, May 31st, 2018.

GUIDELINES
- Please don't add any effects/zooms/music to your clips.
- While I will NOT reject any tricks because they are "too easy", I may decide not to use a clip if the video quality is too poor. I want a good looking compilation video! So, take your time to film in good lighting (Outdoors! Go Outdoors! Outdoors!).
- Have a think about all the things in your clip apart from "the trick". So: the lighting, the scenery, the shot composition, the contrast between your clothing and the kendama/string, your presentation/style, your character in the clip, etc. Something as simple as a smile can make a clip stand out.

BONUS FOR SUBMITTERS!
If one of your clips is included in the final video, you will be entered into a prize draw.
4 randomly-selected people will win a prize:
- JKA sports shirt (size large)
- Royal Plush
- Sweets Stain
- 3 Origami kendamas

You have 3 months! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. Let's make it another great one this year!

Cheers,
Void
Will get recording not sure if my cameras good enough quality though [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

KenSan

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

The Void

No submissions yet. I guess this means you're all making careful plans, and choosing choice locations, and grinding your best moves. :)

You can always submit a "banker", and "upgrade" to a harder-core trick later. That could be a plan if you're not good with deadlines. Lots of time left for now though....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Reminder to everyone (especially anyone new to the collab):
DON'T MAKE YOUR CLIPS PUBLIC, AND DON'T POST THEM HERE.
SEND ME A DM INSTEAD!

Sorry for all-caps, but the point is to keep all the clips as a surprise for everyone in the final video. Cheers!

kendamatty

The Void

That's two people in, one third of the way through the time. It's going to be a late flurry again, isn't it? :-)
C'mon cats!

The Void

BKA

Maicodama

I'll film something tomorrow. Really want that shirt Heheheh
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

The Void

The first of the "oh, it's less than a month to go"-realisation clips is in. Join that club, folks!

shalafi

I had something filmed today. At least I'll send something
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.