News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

@TechieCrow Nice one. Love those priceless reactions.
Welcome to the forum, too! Did you know about http://kendama.co.uk/collab ? All skill levels are welcome, so feel free to join in if you fancy it. Cheers!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: TechieCrow on 08 May, 2018, 03:17:00
I did a kenflip to base cup instead of to big cup at work.

my housemate flipped because we were messing with that trick for a solid week and he was getting close haha, sadly no footage unless I can get my hands on the cctv ;)
Be quick, most CCTV are only stored for 24 hours.

-Hi, I need access to the CCTV because reasons, it's very important.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

TechieCrow

Quote from: The Void on 08 May, 2018, 12:26:27
@TechieCrow Nice one. Love those priceless reactions.
Welcome to the forum, too! Did you know about http://kendama.co.uk/collab ? All skill levels are welcome, so feel free to join in if you fancy it. Cheers!
Thank you for the welcome :) I will certainly check out that collaboration!

Quote from: shalafi on 08 May, 2018, 12:28:23
Quote from: TechieCrow on 08 May, 2018, 03:17:00
I did a kenflip to base cup instead of to big cup at work.

my housemate flipped because we were messing with that trick for a solid week and he was getting close haha, sadly no footage unless I can get my hands on the cctv ;)
Be quick, most CCTV are only stored for 24 hours.

-Hi, I need access to the CCTV because reasons, it's very important.
Our CCTV is stored for about 1 month so I got time, I'm sure my manager will let me get it :D

Today I done my first Around Japan while playing golf with a friend, always good to take the Kendama everywhere! Haha
[instagram]BihLzEzhLdr[/instagram]

donald grant

Nicely done, and welcome to the forum!

Today, we finally finished filming a new edit.  Twas a bit of a nightmare this one, as twice we got about 30 minutes of filming, then got drizzled off.  This evening was nice and sunny, so managed to get the last few tricks landed, plus a couple for the Collaboration video.  Of course, this fragmented scheduling means that I went massively over budget (THREE packets of biscuits for the cameraman, good grief!)  Let's hope it's worth it :)

The Void

I wonder if there's scope for some kind of biscuit sponsorship... :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

It would have to be kendama related; "Penguin" perhaps? ;)

The Void

I had a little session at the WOF list http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3138.msg30638#new today. Yeah, some of those are quite awkward. :)

The Void

Just me at the club tonight, so I ran the WOF list again (slight improvement). Plus landed a couple of Spacewalk (no-turn) Lunars.

shalafi

Today I practiced a few new things, just for fun in the sun... and first time I can freely play in a long time.
I landed some spacewalk > spacewalk > spike (something like a moon circle in 2 steps)
Several lighthouse somersault and trade variants. Particularly enjoyed: Cap. Hook > 1 turn LH, trade to big cup , trade aeroplane
Some lunars, which I am suddenly more consistent at... I think the Royal plush had something to do with it.
Accidentally landed a LH somersault to axe... imagine my surprise.

All in all a fun session.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

The Void

Today I forgot to pack a Kendama. No play for me today or tomorrow. :-(

The Void

The Void

Too hot to play today, but I managed a Nunchucku Scoop Spike at the club tonight, in a rare burst of energy.

The Void

Blimey, @Dimensions ! Had to watch that second one several times... Was that a string-ping?

The Void

Enough kendamas for 3 people to play for 2 hours? Just about! 😊