News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Premium White Taiyo Ozora

Started by AlexSmith, 25 December, 2013, 11:49:38

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexSmith

Has anyone seen these anywhere else? Taka has some in stock I guess:

http://spingear.jp/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=969

Playable paint would be great on a Taiyo, normally they're strangely slick.

Coach_Styles

I've got a Taiyo and I literally CAN'T lunar with it. Honestly, it's almost too heavy for me to really enjoy but I feel premium paint would be a big help.

Does anyone know how the Taiyo's compare weight wise to something like a SunRise jumbo? Or maybe one of the kendamaUSA jumbos? I'm looking for a larger kendama that is playable. (I can't wait to get my hands on one of the new Terra kendamas, but until they are restocked I'd like to find something to keep me busy haha.)

The Void

I've got an early model of Taiyo, and it is okay for Lunars. But a lot of people do seem to have the same problem as you with the later ones. Sunrise Performers play really nicely for me, Lunars included. I haven't tried other larger brands. (Well, not for more than 5 minutes, anyway.)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kev

Yep, +1 on the Sunrise Performer, it's a Lunar machine.

AlexSmith

If you want a big tanky kendama for juggling, get a Taiyo, if you want a super playable oversized kendama, get a Performer. The KenUSA jumbos are super playable too, they have a really awesome paint on them that isn't used on any other KenUSA product currently.
Taiyos are slightly larger than performers, kenUSA jumbos are about the same size as performers, but the ken is less chunky.