News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Monthly Bristol Meeting - Monday Night Kendama

Started by The Void, 07 October, 2015, 17:18:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonicpearse

I plan to be there - hope to see you all there!
Sonicpearse

The Void

UPDATE: After a year of MoNKe meets, it sadly seems there isn't enough enthusiasm for it. The first two were well attended, but the average attendance (including me) was probably about 2.2. So, I'm no longer going to plug this meeting. HOWEVER, I will still be at the club almost every Monday, so if you're up for a Monday night jam, come along. (You can PM me first if you want to check I'll be there. Although also check the club's page for the occasional shut-down date first.) Cheers, and clicks.

----

On Monday, at the last official MoNKe, @Sonicpearse and I had fun. A few games of Spin-Off, and some general playing. I managed to improve my Opposite Lunars too.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Woodsy

So, I've recently moved to Bristol and also recently picked up my old dama, now I'm obsessed and looking for people to play with in the area.

Does anyone know anywhere/one that has a jam evening/class/anything?!

The Void

Hi @Woodsy ,
Welcome to the forum. I'm also from Bristol. There are a few of us scattered about here, and in better weather we arrange occassional meet ups. (Check out the Member Map at http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=googlemap , and add yourself, if you fancy.)
In the meanwhile, I go to the Monday night juggling club every week, so if you want to come along and jam one night, I'll see you there! (Closed for Xmas now, open again on Jan 8th)
http://jugglingedge.com/club.php?ClubID=4
Cheers,
Void
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Woodsy

Awesome! Thanks for the info! Shame the club is closed for Xmas! I'll have to pop down in the New Years

Woodsy

So it's the new year and I was thinking of coming to the club tonight. When and where is it?

The Void

Hi @Woodsy ,
It's 8-10 (if you're slightly early, there'll be a Zumba class in the hall, so hang on).
The address is on http://jugglingedge.com/club.php?ClubID=4 , and it's hyperlinked to a google map with a pin dropped by the door.
See you tonight!
Void

Woodsy

Thanks for the information! I'll come down for 8 and wait around sheepishly until I can see someone looking like they have/play dama!

The Void

Good fun meeting up with you last night, @Woodsy . Always great to meet another player, and to jam for the first time this year. Here's to the next one!
https://twitter.com/BritishKendama/status/955849432154759169

Woodsy

Great way to start the year for sure! Look forward to coming up again sometime soon!

Woodsy

Thinking I may pop down again tonight if you're about

The Void

The Void

Another nice session of general jamming, plus a couple of games of ComBones and Spin-Off. @Woodsy 

Woodsy

Thinking of popping down again later @The Void. Been a while and keen to jam :D

The Void