News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kensistency #9!

Started by Thorny, 06 February, 2012, 23:37:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorny

MASSIVE EDIT!

Deleted the old post, to put this in here instead:

Mirek

KendAlex

it is 21:06 here, i'm waiting for a whole hour now, lol

Thorny

Well, the time has come.My ladder is called 'Tricks And Reverse', meaning each trick has a partner trick... but will be performed 'backwards'.

Not quite as long or challenging as Nic's, but I still wanted to test people's skills, endurance and patience!

Tricks:-

1. Gunslinger.
2. Reverse Gunslinger.

3. Swing In - Earth Turn.
4. Reverse Swing In - Reverse Turn.

5. Aeroplane - Jumping Stick.
6. Reverse Aeroplane - Reverse Jumping Stick.

7. Bird Fly Over The Valley.
8. Little Bird Return Across The Valley.

9. Lighthouse - Candlestick.
10. Candlestick - Lighthouse.

I was debating whether or not I wanted to include the last two tricks or not and was going to leave it at Trick 9, but I thought I'm kind of ruining my own theme if I didn't have it's reverse counter-part!

Prize!
A variety pack of kendama related stickers from different American and Canadian companies as well as a small kendama keyring for your phone (or keys)!

I'm sorry it's nothing that great but I don't really have anything else I can just give away I'm afraid...I plan on finding another prize tomorrow, so we can have two winners!
Similarly to Nic, I'll upload a video of myself completing my ladder ASAP.

P.S. I'm sorry for the delay, technology wise one thing went wrong after another... I've just had to do this TWICE because it didn't work the first time. Silly technology.

KendAlex

question the gunslingers is with the tama on the spike?

Thorny

It is yes, if you want to pull up the ball onto spike or start with the ball on the spike is up to you - I'm just looking for the spin around your finger

KendAlex

thanks, i did all the tricks but now i have to do it in order and without mistakes
lets go
thanks for this nice ladder
oh and the revers aeroplane, do it have a swing, or justpull up revers between the ball and your body?

KendAlex

Quote from: KendAlex on 08 February, 2012, 20:55:47
i did all the tricks but now i have to do it in order and without mistakes
i'm off, good luck you all, i don't have any time left to enter this ladder, monday i'm back to give it a shot, but i guess somebody have solve this ladder by then
today i ended up with 3 mistakes.

cheers

Thorny

I'd say so long as the ken is between your body and the ball, I'll allow it  :)

The Void

Interesting list. I like the thinking behind it, but think it will be pretty hard. Yet Alex has done it with 3 misses already? Wow. Well, I'll try to find time to give it a go tomorrow.

Oh, and don't apologise about the prize. This comp shouldn't be about the prize - it's just about challenging yourself to have a go, and to improve yourself.

Cheers Thorny!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Harrydh3

QuoteOh, and don't apologise about the prize. This comp shouldn't be about the prize - it's just about challenging yourself to have a go, and to improve yourself

What he said :) imma have a go :)

Thorny

Video is now in the first post guys!

And I'm glad you're thinking that way, Void! haha and I hope everyone enjoys giving it a go! :D

KendaMushroom

Quote from: KendAlex on 08 February, 2012, 21:47:57
i'm off, good luck you all, i don't have any time left to enter this ladder, monday i'm back to give it a shot, but i guess somebody have solve this ladder by then
today i ended up with 3 mistakes.

cheers

hey alex lets film it at the same time on sunday together so he cannot decide hahaha (that is if i can do it haha)

Harrydh3

I...
Hate...
Reverse...
Gunslinger...
:P

The Void

Not just me then! I just tried it (never tried it before) in the kitchen, and so far my reaction is... "What!?".

Ah well, good to break new ground, etc....  :-\
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!