News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

BKA Membership - new for 2014 - come and join!

Started by BKA, 31 December, 2013, 14:11:31

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

landor

Received my card Number 20 today & books.    Thanks.    Glad I'm in the top twenty !!!!!

Excellent idea  & the saving on the books has all, but paid the very reasonable Membership  fee :)

geektacular

Also got my membership kit in the mail recently, very cool! I actually do a lot of unboxings on YouTube (such as my Ozora Galaxy unboxing the other day), so I figured I'd make a detailed video on what you get when you join BKA, so here it is if anyone is interested!

~ Current Grade (Self-cert): 6th Kyu ~

BKA

Thanks Bruce. First thought when loading the video was... "11 minutes? How's he going to talk for that long about this?!", but then we realised you were explaining a lot of stuff to your non-kendama-aware viewers too. :)

To fill you in on the stickers:no, the membership card is printed double-sided, so it's not "a sticker on the back". You get 10 BKA stickers "plus one other". Your "other" in this case turned out to be 2 small stickers, that happen to be in the BKA office, dating back to a 90's yo-yo promotion called "tricknology" - kids got a report card that they could complete by doing tricks in front of a Pro player or invigilator, earning a sticker for each succesful trick. There were bronze, silver, gold and platinum levels. They are not "intended" for you to stick on your kendama - it's a coincidence that they are the same size as a kendama seal - but you can if you like! :)

Also, those are the "physical things" you get for membership, but there are fringe benefits too. (But you know that.) Anyway, cheers for spreading the word, and keep wearing in that Galaxy Oozy!

Edit: Oops! We forgot to add your BKA number to your profile. But we've done so now, so you can put something else in your "personal text" field now, if you like.

geektacular

Quote from: BKA on 13 January, 2014, 01:01:35
Thanks Bruce. First thought when loading the video was... "11 minutes? How's he going to talk for that long about this?!", but then we realised you were explaining a lot of stuff to your non-kendama-aware viewers too. :)

To fill you in on the stickers:no, the membership card is printed double-sided, so it's not "a sticker on the back". You get 10 BKA stickers "plus one other". Your "other" in this case turned out to be 2 small stickers, that happen to be in the BKA office, dating back to a 90's yo-yo promotion called "tricknology" - kids got a report card that they could complete by doing tricks in front of a Pro player or invigilator, earning a sticker for each succesful trick. There were bronze, silver, gold and platinum levels. They are not "intended" for you to stick on your kendama - it's a coincidence that they are the same size as a kendama seal - but you can if you like! :)

Also, those are the "physical things" you get for membership, but there are fringe benefits too. (But you know that.) Anyway, cheers for spreading the word, and keep wearing in that Galaxy Oozy!

Edit: Oops! We forgot to add your BKA number to your profile. But we've done so now, so you can put something else in your "personal text" field now, if you like.

Awesome, thanks for all of the extra info! I updated the video's description and added some new annotations for the stickers, the card, and additional non-physical membership perks. That's funny about the stickers, I just assumed they were for use on a kendama base, based on the size and whatnot...very cool either way though! Also thanks for updating my BKA number, much appreciated!  :)
~ Current Grade (Self-cert): 6th Kyu ~

BKA

kendamatty

Cheers BKA, more swag for my wallet!

BKA

BKA

BKA

BKA

9.5 hours left to get in on the bonus draw, folks!

Spirit Kendama

BKA

Hmm, in USD, not GBP. Well, it was converted okay, so no worries. Welcome aboard!
And also to [user]Sonicpearse[/user]!

BKA

35 names into the bonus draw, which will be on Thursday. Cheers!