News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

British Kendama Open 2015: 2/3rd May, West London

Started by BKA, 23 October, 2014, 11:55:11

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Quick post from my phone while waiting for my plane.

It was lots of fun, as usual. Great to hang out with old pals and to meet new ones too.

As usual I didn't manage to score a point in advanced, but at least I was paired against the champion, so I have a excuse ;-)

Little sleep didn't help my consistency, specially during 7toSpike :-(

On the good side I fought Rob till the very end in a game of pill, both of us with 3 letters and being the only ones remaining. BTW the game of pill was great fun.

And year after year I'm amazed at the consistency of some players on the flesh. Good work guys, keep it on!

Now I seriously need some sleep.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Home. Phew. Knackered. Fun weekend, thanks all for coming. More tomorrow....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BenBenVx

Had a quality day with quality people yesterday! Congrats to all who entered... can wait till leeds!

BKA

Thank you to everyone who came/judged/organised/helped yesterday, and thanks to all our sponsors: @Royal kendama @BKA @Craftybuddy @Jac Products @peterthake

It was good to see many returning faces, and to meet many new ones too. The full results are below, and big congratulations to all the winners, consolations and bravo to all who entered.

Well done too to all who graded.

BKO 2015 Full Results
(Competition format and trick list are at http://kendama.co.uk/bko2015.html )

Advanced
1. @Dimensions  - BRITISH KENDAMA CHAMPION 2015
2. @Bozzy
3. @SamB
4. @mreasyguy - WELSH KENDAMA CHAMPION
5. @MisterJumpshoe  - SCOTTISH KENDAMA CHAMPION 2015
6. @HansNickmans
7.= @kendamatty
7.= @shalafi
9. @Thorny

Intermediate
1. @KenDogma
2. @AdamWest
3. @BenBenVx
4.= John
4.= @Maicodama
4.= @BenPycroft24

Beginners
1. @danielc
2. Lee
3. Keenan
4. @Emma
5. Paul

Dan Jam
1. @Dimensions
2. @HansNickmans
3. @Thorny
4. @kendamatty

7 To Spike
1. @Bozzy
2. @kendamatty
3. @Dimensions

Unicorns

@mreasyguy

7 To Spike (Warm up game)
@Maicodama

Last Man Standing (Warm up game)
@Dimensions

Also in photo: @samuel.skreamer @Diggthisskendama @Harrydh3 , Anna, Katie, Jacko, Lee

Craftybuddy

Ooh great that so many turned up - looks a fabulous event that I missed!!! :(

the milky oolong

Nice one, guys! Congratulations, Rob, was great to see you doing your thing on the bambuser link-up, really made my Sunday. Bozzy seemed to be killing it on the 7 to Spike, though it was a bit hard to see, well done to you sir for winning that. Well done too to the intermediate and beginner victors, great achievement to rank under pressure. Hope you guys all had a great time and I hope to see you at the EKO this year as well.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

It's been a great year, nice to see some new and old faces and to learn some new tricks.
Thanks to Void for organising it all and being a super harsh judge
And well done to Sam 'the champion killer' for receiving the Bounty and well done to Bozzy for winning 7-to-spike (again) and giving me a hard time in the Final

Thanks to all for coming and hope to see you all in Leeds or next year, wherever it shall be

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Kev

Well done Rob, enjoy your title, well deserved.

8)

s070s

hansnickmans sis the Belgium basass!! .. uhh Champion

KenSan

Watched the streaming footage and it Looked like an enjoyable couple of days.

Also showed  my son and he said he would like to go, so I said maybe next year if your still clicking! He'll be 6 And a half by then. Is there an age limit?
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

MisterJumpshoe

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Sam, Katie and I had such a great time! Sam was riding high after getting his Pre-Dan, and even though Katie didn't play much, she landed her first aeroplane, bought a lovely Ozora Street and told me she loved the whole day.

Thanks yet again, Void. You really know how to bring it all together!

Big congrats to Rob. All all of your hard work and skill were clearly in evidence.

It was so awesome to see all you guys again, and to meet some new clickers!
Music Has the Right to Children

HansNickmans

Back off to work after my wonderful weekend abroad. Highlights include:

-   English Mega Breakfast
-   Watching Donald's edit together with Void and going 'Whaat?'
-   Getting 2-turn turntable, even though no one saw it (the first time)
-   7 to spike on the social day gathering a small audience in the park. People managing to handroll out of every single trick.
-   Maico sets up the camera and craziness ensues. I would live to see all that footage!
-   Doing more stuntplane to lighthouses than I can count
-   The Bead Trick
-   Getting over 500 moshikame (although failing on the bird afterwards) with Sam and Kitty supporting me from the sideline (thanks guys)
-   Doing my first grading as an examiner, although it was a bit messier than I would have wanted (sorry for all the confusion Maico!)
-   Judging intermediate, which I really enjoyed
-   Getting a point in at the advanced competition. Too bad I practiced my floor spike wrong...
-   Watching the advanced competitions, which were very tense at times. Bozzy and Rob both managing bird turn for example...
-   Landing quite a deal of tricks in the first 7 to spike round (and then failing horribly in the final)
-   Rob's lunar sequence in the 7 to spike (big cup lunar, rover to inward, somersault and in)
-   Overall skill level in the 7 to spike
-   Getting my trap sequence in the Dan Jam
-   Rob's Dan Jam which was from another world (I hope that footage finds his way on to this forum fast).
-   Kendamatty's tech tricks that never cease to amaze me
-   Rob's father's face when he learned that his son was the British champion
-   MrJumpshoe's merry-go-round on the train back and the confusion/hilarity that came after
-   Having someone to help me navigate London railways back to Shoreditch, thanks Sam!
-   A surprise late night kendama demo for a Japanese guest staying at my cousin's place.

And probably so much more that I forgot. It was great to meet some people again, and meeting new players. Thanks Void for the hotel arrangements, and just for the organization overall. I got to see up close how much work goes into this, so I take my hat off to you sir!

Hope to make it to another event soon. Apparently Belgium is closer than I thought :-)
Kendama Belgium!

shalafi

Hey @HansNickmans I want you in next year Irish Open. After The Netherlands and UK, that one is next ;-)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

HansNickmans

If travel costs can remain low, it is always an option. Now back to checking flights for Leeds....
Kendama Belgium!