News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

1st Irish Kendama Open (March 21st, 2015)

Started by shalafi, 29 December, 2014, 16:14:45

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

The 1st IKO will happen on March 21st, during the Dublin circus festival.

Official post: http://kendama-ireland.org/irish-kendama-open-2015/

Allowed Kendamas: Any competition size kendama in "reasonable shape".

Beginners division and an advanced division with some exotic tricks, but maybe not as exotic as the BKO.

The venue is the same as the Dublin Circus Festival which is the Gym of the Larkin Community College.

Time slot will be 11:00, but we all know how lousy schedules are on juggling conventions.

Beginners list is up (same as  BKO)

Ladder, 6 misses allowed

EKO 2013 Trick Ladders: Beginner & Intermediate - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

• Big Cup
  • Candle
  • Moshi Kame (3 catches). (No rimshots allowed. Start from hanging.)
  • Orbit (Orbit must be around the ball, in any direction)
  • Spike (No spin on ball)
  • Flying Top (Ball must completely leave the spike)
  • Tap-back
  • Aeroplane
  • Around Japan
  • Lighthouse (Hold still for 3 seconds)
  • Falling Down (continued from lighthouse, only one try)

Advanced Tricklist

Knockout mode.

Irish Kendama Open 2015 Advanced Tricklist - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Early Rounds

• One-eye Bat
  • Slip-on-stick
  • (Secret grip) Pivot Spike
  • Hanging Spike
  • Jumping Stick
  • Diving Top
  • 1-Turn Aeroplane
  • Pinwheeled Stopover - Spike

Semifinals

• Lunar
  • Turntable
  • Gunslinger Spike
  • Mini-Spacewalk

Final

• Bird Fly Over the Valley
  • Pull-up Juggle Big Cup
  • Whirlwind big cup - Fast hand Aeroplane
  • Fast Hand Spike

Will keep you posted.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Pretty cheap day ticket flight from Bristol right now. Seriously considering it.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Do you know the venue? I'm looking at travel plans (to/from airport), and their website is broken, with no venue listed on their FB page. :-/
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I don't know the venue. I'll ask them, maybe they don't have it confirmed yet.

Last DCF I attended was on a Gym nearby O'Connell St, so it was quite centric.

About the time, I asked them to have some "space" (there will be no stage, so it will be just a table and a few chairs) around lunchtime (that is, around 13:00) So far it looks like that will be the time, but still is not confirmed. As soon as I have anything else confirmed, I'll update the post.

shalafi

The Void

Ooh.
"Secret grip pull up - flip spike"
Flip Spike = Pivot the secret grip so that the spike points upwards (in a sort of penguin position), and spike it?
Or some kind of throw/whirlwind?

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 03 January, 2015, 13:44:18
Ooh.
"Secret grip pull up - flip spike"
Flip Spike = Pivot the secret grip so that the spike points upwards (in a sort of penguin position), and spike it?
Or some kind of throw/whirlwind?

The spike always points upwards, the spin is to make the ken go to the back of the hand without releasing it. However, I am editing the video now :)

That trick was inspired by one happygoat used in a game of ken :)

The Void

shalafi

Updated with video for the advanced tricklist.

Also updated the number of misses allowed on beginners to 6.

The Void

Hmmm, I shall have a crack at all those today. I'll need to work on that Pinwheel one, I think.

BTW, on the last trick you said "Sara grip or Reverse Sara grip". I assume that should read "tama grip..."?

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 04 January, 2015, 10:53:25
BTW, on the last trick you said "Sara grip or Reverse Sara grip". I assume that should read "tama grip..."?
You're right. In my defense I'll say that I finished editing it quite late yesterday.

The Void

For the Pivot Spike, can the string be facing into the palm at the beginning, or must it be on the outside, as in the video?

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 05 January, 2015, 18:37:12
For the Pivot Spike, can the string be facing into the palm at the beginning, or must it be on the outside, as in the video?
Either way is fine. I find it easier with the string outside.

The Void

shalafi

First sponsors confirmed: Craftbuddy (Yoko) and Kendama.cz!

Many thanks!