News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Official BKA gradings

Started by BKA, 08 January, 2012, 07:38:18

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

A new year, and a new grading system. The BKA is now issuing Kyu, Pre-Dan and Dan certificates to anyone who can pass an exam. The first examinations will be held in Bristol at BoB juggling convention on 21st January, with more held at the NRC if time allows. Forum members who pass an exam will be listed on the players register, and also have their rank added to their forum profile.

John

This is rather boss! And similar to any exam I've ever done, will involve loads of people crammed into a huge sports hall with only determination and a pen (of course, in this case it will be determination and a ken - the parallels are uncanny.)
Nice thought chaps, and here's hoping one day I can get a certificate through remotely sending you a video, the chances of me making any juggling conventions in the near future are about as likely as me ever landing stilt-flips...
John.

HansNickmans

This is great!! I'm hoping to make it to a convention to try out for first dan!

So what's next: BKA approved seals on european made kendamas?
Kendama Belgium!

KendAlex

Good job, now european people can get there Dan exams too, according the JKA trick list.
(if they are member ofcourse)

is it possible to get a BKA grading at the BKO in April?

BKA

Taking the exams is not limited to forum members, only being listed on the register is limited.

And yes there will be exams at the BJC, although comp day may be a little tight, but we'll try to squeeze in the people who are only there for the day.

Mark

Ive done the beginner one (Kyu?) ages ago. Does that count or should i do it again?
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06

BKA

Quote from: Mark on 08 January, 2012, 09:37:33Ive done the beginner one (Kyu?) ages ago. Does that count or should i do it again?
BKA did some kyu gradings as a one-off at BKO 2010. Unfortunately we didn't keep a full record of who got what.
So yes, those count. Dig out your certificate and let us know what grade you got, and we'll update your record.

Mark

Cant find the certificate right now, but im pretty certain i got the highest kyu level. I remember it being alot easier than i thought it would be. :P

GbH

<-------   Ooooh, official grading on forum posts!  I hadn't foreseen that.  Cool.

Peter

Not too bad, respect. Yet, well, do I have to travel to the UK for that, or are you folks joining us abroad in other Countries? What are your plannings to "export" this certification to other countries, let's say with "certified judges", or "send in videos for approval" or how are you going to spread this in other countries?? 

Would have appreciated a more European approach (oh, I am always complaining, god damn it, Peter, what has happend, to you New Year's resolution?)... anyhow, great step forward. :-)

orinoco

Coo!

Is there any difference between JKA & BKA certificates (does the JKA acknowledge BKA rankings)?

edit: missing my 1st Kyu on my posts!

Mark

Quote from: Peter on 08 January, 2012, 11:18:26
Not too bad, respect. Yet, well, do I have to travel to the UK for that, or are you folks joining us abroad in other Countries? What are your plannings to "export" this certification to other countries, let's say with "certified judges", or "send in videos for approval" or how are you going to spread this in other countries?? 

Would have appreciated a more European approach (oh, I am always complaining, god damn it, Peter, what has happend, to you New Year's resolution?)... anyhow, great step forward. :-)
Skype could be used?

kendamajohnny

will we be able to do the dans at BKO?

BKA

@Peter: To start with, Void is the only examiner, but yes, we plan to expand, and yes, beyond the UK shores too. Patience, please.

Video exams are not allowed.

@johnny:
Quote from: BKA on 08 January, 2012, 09:21:45And yes there will be exams at the BJC, although comp day may be a little tight, but we'll try to squeeze in the people who are only there for the day.

BKA

Quote from: orinoco on 08 January, 2012, 11:45:29Is there any difference between JKA & BKA certificates (does the JKA acknowledge BKA rankings)?

edit: missing my 1st Kyu on my posts!
The exam is the same, the certificates are different. BKA acknowledges JKA certificates. JKA does not (yet??) acknowledge BKA certificates.

Added your kyu status to your profile, sorry for missing you out.